2007~2015 CX-9 won’t start

:
Mazda cx-9 2008
Hello. I changed the pvc valve. The car started, I did 50km but I didn't start the engine anymore. The starter is running, the fuel pump can be heard. Torque pro shows P2104 P2107 error. I checked the throttle and it looks good. I have a diagnosis of a mechanic about a crankshaft position sensor failure. He claims that an error will not always be reported. The car is waiting for repair. What do you think could happen that the car does not start? The pvc valve I bought is not gray but black. Fits perfectly to the engine cover. This valve is not Mazda but Ford Mustang 3.7 motorcraft. I think it's the same valves and it's not a problem.

Last edited:
PCV valve would not cause a no start. Check to see if you didn't plug something back in, or bumped something accidentally.

Dziękuję za odpowiedź. Wszystko sprawdzone. Przyjechałem do pracy samochodem. Już się tam nie zaczęło. Jutro mechanicy muszą dokładnie sprawdzić. Założyłem PVC od Mustanga 3.7 2011. Pomyślałem, że może to był problem. Kolega twierdzi, że jest to czujnik wału korbowego.

Thank you for your response. Everything checked. I came to work by car. It didn't start there anymore. Tomorrow the mechanics must check carefully. I founded PVC from Mustang 3.7 2011. I thought maybe it was a problem. A colleague claims that it is a crankshaft sensor.
That sounds like a more likely part. Keep us posted.

P2104 P2107 codes relate to the electronic throttle control. There are a bunch of things that can trip those codes (sensors at the pedal, sensors in the throttle body, the motor that controls the actual throttle plate, bad wiring, loose connections). I did some googling and these codes seem to pop up on Ford (and Ford derived engines) a bit.

Check the connectors and wiring running to the throttle body, maybe you disturbed something when you were replacing the PCV valve. If that doesn't fix it, there is a link to the service manual somewhere on this forum which has the diagnostic procedure in it to figure out exactly what is wrong.

I received a phone call from a car service that the computer was showing an error. the car driver cannot see the engine speed. Diagnosis at 99% defect crankshaft sensor. I bought the sensor and I am waiting for delivery. May it be just this sensor. I think it's nothing more

Recently, I saw rodent paw prints. Weasels and martens live in my pages. Maybe the cable has broken. The sensor has the wrong position. It is near the collector. I guess you have to remove it to get to the sensor. Apparently a lot of work is on the exchange.

Recently, I saw rodent paw prints. Weasels and martens live in my pages. Maybe the cable has broken. The sensor has the wrong position. It is near the collector. I guess you have to remove it to get to the sensor. Apparently a lot of work is on the exchange.
Be careful when replacing crankshaft sensor i heard this sensor need to be relearn/program after replacing with new one. If not done relearn engine will do problems

Do you know someone who replaced this sensor? Not necessarily in cx9. there may be another model from duratec 37.My friend knows cars a little. He says that this does not happen and claims that the sensor is simple and there is nothing to destroy in it.

sorry i don't know anybody but if u checkout ford forum they have this issue raised basically our Cx-9 engines are made by Ford and same engines are fitted into ford edge and some other ford cars. Please check out ford forums for proper replacement procedures for no hassles.

Don't be panic usually crank sensor trigger code. Give try to sensor and replace it at any good Ford work shop where diagnosis facilities available they will do ythe relearn procedure if required.
I don't think so it could be a timing issue what's a mileage on car?

I just watched some videos and that sensor is not easy to get to at all. I think you can remove it without removing any of the exhaust system, but taking the catalytic converter off would help get access to the sensor.

Back