CX-9 Tire Size

tleader

I could not find any info when searching, but I have a question regarding tire size on my CX-9. I can get an really good deal on take off tires from a new vehicle, but they are 245/60-20. Has anyone run this size on there CX-9? I know its a taller tire, but not by much. Anyone see any real negative effects of running this size other than speedo issues? It looks like there is enough clearance in the wheel wells.

Any help would be appreciated.

If they're LT-metric, I wouldn't put them anywhere near a CX-9.

Assuming that the LT-metric hurdle is cleared, there's still the matter that they're likely going to be a lot heavier than the correct tire.

It's going to be quite a bit taller: 1.93" total (sidewall is 0.96") so you speedo will be about 6.1% low.
Indicated 47mph = actual 50mph
Indicated 70mph = actual 75mph

This will also change all of your readouts that deal with fuel distance & milage, even hand calculating unless you take off the correct difference. It will also essentially change your gearing, but probably not enough to worry about.
Weight difference that I could find between the two was a Bridgestone Blizzak and it was 3lbs heavier each. While 12lbs isn't a bunch I itself, as rotational mass it will add up.

Last edited:
Back