CX-9 tachometer HUD

:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
so it seems that the when the current gen cx-9 was debuted,
it actually had a tachometer on the HUD.
does anyone still have this? or was it deleted after a firmware update?

I have a 2016 and it has the tach. I also have the Apple CarPlay update, so it must be a different ECU controlling the HUD. I had a 2018 as a loaner once and it did not display the tach. I also do not have an option to turn off the tach on the HUD. My 2016 can not read stop signs either like the current version, which I would love to have. Another small difference I noticed between the 2016 & 2018 is that my cruise mode button actually chooses between multiple cruise modes. I have a cruise mode that uses the front radar for distance keeping and one that doesn’t, like a traditional cruise control.

I have a 2016 and it has the tach. I also have the Apple CarPlay update, so it must be a different ECU controlling the HUD. I had a 2018 as a loaner once and it did not display the tach. I also do not have an option to turn off the tach on the HUD. My 2016 can not read stop signs either like the current version, which I would love to have. Another small difference I noticed between the 2016 & 2018 is that my cruise mode button actually chooses between multiple cruise modes. I have a cruise mode that uses the front radar for distance keeping and one that doesn’t, like a traditional cruise control.

My 2016 does not show the tach nor can I find the option to enable it in settings. In some reviews of the 2017 year it shows the tach but if you say you have it on your 2016 I’m curious as to how to enable it. Funny you mention the cruise control, my 2017 cx5 only had radar but the 2016 cx9 seems to have both.

Edit: I did update the firmware so maybe tomorrow it will be enabled if it’s just an update. Will find out tomorrow.

The tach was removed by mazda during a software update. You can't re-enable it after. If you still have it and you liked it and you don't have any issues with your infotainment software, don't update because you might lose it.

for cruise control, my 2018 also has the regular cruise control option, but you need to hold the cruise button to activate it.

i was on version 5x and i didn't have the tach so i wonder how far back it went. not a huge deal anyway but it would have been nice. was it too distracting or something? seems like a weird thing to remove

i was on version 5x and i didn't have the tach so i wonder how far back it went. not a huge deal anyway but it would have been nice. was it too distracting or something? seems like a weird thing to remove
yup..it was deemed too distracting which is odd, because a lot of other car manufacturers offer this along with radio station channels..so...hmmmm i wish there was a way to reactivate it..

it's to make the HUD "look" fancy that's all, there's no need for many of the stuff but it's there.
Well, I don't have HUD in my Mazda, but I do have it in my Hyundai. I can't think of anything that is displayed -- or can be programmed -- in the HUD that doesn't need to be be there. All of it helps keep my eyes on the road:

Speed
Blind spot warning
Lane keep warning
Collision warning (if impending)
Active cruise
Radio station (only when changing)
Nav turn by turn

All things that are better not to have to look down to see. But I don't need to look down to see my RPM--I have an automatic transmission.

youri touched on this but on my 2016 I have it. On on of the first updates Mazda deleted the on off button for the tach. The work around was when the update was done the switch had to be enabled so the tach was on. The only drawback is you will never be able to turn it off. Personally I like that feature.

youri touched on this but on my 2016 I have it. On on of the first updates Mazda deleted the on off button for the tach. The work around was when the update was done the switch had to be enabled so the tach was on. The only drawback is you will never be able to turn it off. Personally I like that feature.
wondering if all new models have the tachometer built into the HUD but just deactivated? and if so anyway to activate it?

Radio station (only when changing)

All things that are better not to have to look down to see. But I don't need to look down to see my RPM--I have an automatic transmission.

i wish mazda would implement the radio station display as you mentioned, that would be great!
currently if you change radio stations, there is no change or notification on the infotainment system UNLESS you're in the music screen...bleh!

hmmmm wonder if the new cx-30 and mazda3 infotainment takes this into consideration.

Back