CX-9 Rear Bumper Protector

:
2015 Mazda 3 iTouring
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a rear bumper protector for a 2019 CX-9 that they like? I can't even seem to find an OEM one. The area I'm trying to protect is the top of the bumper from luggage, strollers etc.

Ideas?

Thank you!

Thanks for posting. I was looking at those but didn’t see if it fit a 2019 CX-9 specifically. Is this a universal?

Don't think it'll fit. The bumper "lip" on the CX-5 is much more pronounced than the "lip" on the CX-9. IMO, your best bet is some clear paint protection film.

Don't think it'll fit. The bumper "lip" on the CX-5 is much more pronounced than the "lip" on the CX-9. IMO, your best bet is some clear paint protection film.
Any specific brand you like? Do you just end up custom cutting it to fit or is there a company out there that has some precut stuff specifically for the CX-9?

I can't even find an OEM bumper guard....

There are precut films available on eBay and AliExpress, but I don't remember seeing clear films. They're usually a "carbon fiber print", meaning that it's basically a vinyl overlay.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) 6"x48" should be more than enough for the trunk opening on the rear bumper. Of course, the downside to this is having to cut the film yourself, but it looks like it would be pretty easy. As a bonus, you'll have enough left over to apply protective film to the fog light lenses.

I wish I had done something like this when I first got my CX-9. As it stands, I've already got some scuffs on there from unloading a functional trainer, so I'm not so worried anymore.

I had this area on my CX5 covered with a small piece of Xpel, a clear paint protection film that I also had applied to the hood to combat stone chips. No scratches after 10 months of use.

Wade

Appreciate the response. I called a shop and they told me $500 for PPF on hood and $75 on top of rear bumper. Little steep!

Appreciate the response. I called a shop and they told me $500 for PPF on hood and $75 on top of rear bumper. Little steep!

Wow, that's a lot higher than I would have expected. The uncut roll of film is less than $20 on Amazon lol

Wow... I would be shopping around for another quote.

Back