2007~2015 CX-9 Battery Charging Issue

Has anyone have had to change their PCM due to no charge to the battery?

I’ve changed out the alternator multiple times, also the battery. I’m completely stuck....

Diagnose via testing, instead of throwing parts. Start by checking to see what the voltage reading is at the alternator battery wire connector.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to stop by any of the local big chain stores like Advance, Autozone etc.... They will test the system with the tools on hand and give you an idea of what you're dealing with. It's free and no pressure.

Perhaps it would be easier for you to stop by any of the local big chain stores like Advance, Autozone etc.... They will test the system with the tools on hand and give you an idea of what you're dealing with. It's free and no pressure.
I have and they are saying “not charging current”

Get a cheap multimeter from walmart. Select the 20 volt dc and check the output voltage yourself. You are not getting a complete answer from autozone. If you don't know how to use a mutlimeter there plenty of videos on youtube. I have both a multimeter and a battery load tester which i got from harbor freight.

OK, if you have changed components and still have issues (assuming the new parts are actually good) then do as others have suggested and check the alternator output voltage. If that's not good, and the new parts are actually working, then you likely have a bad wire or connection somewhere. One place I'd check for sure is the body grounds, a lot of times they corrode up and need attention.

OK, if you have changed components and still have issues (assuming the new parts are actually good) then do as others have suggested and check the alternator output voltage. If that's not good, and the new parts are actually working, then you likely have a bad wire or connection somewhere. One place I'd check for sure is the body grounds, a lot of times they corrode up and need attention.
Going to check out the body grounds today after work. I know there is one right next to the battery. Any others?

Back