2017~2024 CX-5 USB port issue

BMXDAD

2019 CX5 GT
:
Mazda 2015 CX9 GT
I have searched but can't find discussion about USB ports. Send me there if similar discussion exists.

2019 CX5 GT - I am trying to use the center console USB ports for phone charging and for flash drive music. Everything was going fine until I hit a bump and now neither USB port connects as a sound source. Any advice is appreciated. thanks

I have searched but can't find discussion about USB ports. Send me there if similar discussion exists.

2019 CX5 GT - I am trying to use the center console USB ports for phone charging and for flash drive music. Everything was going fine until I hit a bump and now neither USB port connects as a sound source. Any advice is appreciated. thanks
There seems to be bad connection from USB module to head unit. The best for you is to take your CX-5 to your Mazda dealer for warranty service before your new-car warranty runs out.

Thank u for the reply. I am guilty of not reading the Manual before suggesting there is a problem. I found in sect 5-101 that the usb ports do not support Connection to the audio system. However on mine it clearly connected and I could select it as aN audio source Along with my phone. Now 5-101 does provide some limitation Assoc with the pwr draw of the flash drive which makes me think it over loaded the ports coz even my phone does not show as a source. Maybe a fuse problem. I gOogled flash drive pwr consumption and got kinda confused.
Anyone know where to get low pwr Draw flash drives?

Thank u for the reply. I am guilty of not reading the Manual before suggesting there is a problem. I found in sect 5-101 that the usb ports do not support Connection to the audio system. However on mine it clearly connected and I could select it as aN audio source Along with my phone. Now 5-101 does provide some limitation Assoc with the pwr draw of the flash drive which makes me think it over loaded the ports coz even my phone does not show as a source. Maybe a fuse problem. I gOogled flash drive pwr consumption and got kinda confused.
Anyone know where to get low pwr Draw flash drives?
You can use almost any USB flash drives plugged into front USB ports as an audio source to listen to the music. Remember if you could do it with USB flash drive on data before, but now you can’t, that means there’s problem. Take it to Mazda dealer for warranty service!

I think the only restriction on the USB sticks is that they be 16GB or less. I have two 16GB USB sticks plugged into the center console ports and select them with the Audio Source screen and command knob. They hold a hell of a lot of songs on each one. I have never had any problems with them.

I think the only restriction on the USB sticks is that they be 16GB or less. I have two 16GB USB sticks plugged into the center console ports and select them with the Audio Source screen and command knob. They hold a hell of a lot of songs on each one. I have never had any problems with them.

I have a 256GB stick and it works fine.

Thanks guys. I see my phone is showing up again as a source. So, definitely time to get it checked out.

Time for an update. I took it to the dealer and got that the USB ports are good. So, I took the f-drive to my computer and tried to see if my songs were still on the f-drive. Computer could not read the drive and said I would need to unformat it. Not sure how it happened that my drive became formatted so that it could not be read by the USB port in my car or on my computer. So, I stuck another f-drive into the USB ports and as mysteriously as the previous f-drive reformatted itself, the different f-drive has been playing perfectly for a couple weeks. Now I need a simple way to unformat the original f-drive.

Computer could not read the drive and said I would need to unformat it.
I would think that the PC actually said you would need to RE-format it. Just right-click on the drive letter that shows up in Window Explorer and choose "Format..."

Back