Cx-5 Power Liftgate when engine on

So, I have a question with the 2019 CX-5 Touring AWD model I have.
I have the preferred package so I have the power liftgate so I can open the trunk with a button.
It works absolutely fantastic!

The problem is that when my engine is one, and I'm in parking mode, I can't open the trunk from the driver's seat.
Any way to overpass that? I have to go back to the trunk and press the button every single time and it's getting on my nerves.

You can change the door lock/unlock settings so that they unlock automatically when you shift into park, and lock when you shift out of park. You won't have any issues with forgetting to unlock your doors in Park then.

Aha! Thank you, Iwannaxc5! Just had this confusion with the in-laws visiting this weekend, and felt foolish. Completely shut off the car, but now I know to ensure the vehicle is in park and simply unlock the doors to allow liftgate access. I assume this will also allow opening from the button on the liftgate itself, as well as from the driver's seat (that was my particular situation, although I then tried the dash button as well).

Check the manual on page 3-16 and 17. There is a table with 6 lock/unlock options along with instructions on how to program each

Back