2013~2016 CX-5 Navi Issue

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

I’m going to be going to the dealer, but I’m having an issue with my navigation system (2016.5) that I recently acquired. It keeps rebooting itself, and then it goes to the navigation screen, says loading, then reboots.

Since this car is no longer under warranty, is there an easy fix for this? Also, the temps are low 80’s.

Thanks all!

Update - I ordered a new SD Nav Card from Amazon. I am going to give that a try. I've found some people having success with it, not to mention these maps need to be updated anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a remedy? My 2020 GTR hasn't had any Navi issues (also purchased a card from Amazon for it) so, hopefully this new card will work for my nephew's CX-5.

Posted a similar issue in this thread. Nav SD card not recognized, compass does not work and my Active Driving Display's Traffic Sign Recognition doesn't seem to be functioning.

Posted a similar issue in this thread. Nav SD card not recognized, compass does not work and my Active Driving Display's Traffic Sign Recognition doesn't seem to be functioning.
Well do I feel like an idiot. With being recently retired and most things locked down I'm only taking 1-2 trips per week in my CX-5. Made some in-town runs today, took out the SD card and noticed the little slider tab was in the locked position. Moved it to unlock and now everything works!

Just glad I discovered that before taking it into my dealer and throwing a hissyfit...

Well do I feel like an idiot. With being recently retired and most things locked down I'm only taking 1-2 trips per week in my CX-5. Made some in-town runs today, took out the SD card and noticed the little slider tab was in the locked position. Moved it to unlock and now everything works!

Just glad I discovered that before taking it into my dealer and throwing a hissyfit...
That would have been embarrassing eh?

That would have been embarrassing eh?
It happened to me too. I forgot when did I enable the write-protection tab on the SD card but my seldom used Navigation suddenly didn’t work one day showed only the compass. I brought my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD to the dealer and the service advisor immediately found the issue. He said it happened too many times and the write-protection tab on SD card is the first thing they always check if the customer has Navigation complaint.

There’s a TSB describing some early SD cards Mazda was using is 8GB which is not big enough. Mazda changed it to 16GB SD card to avoid rebooting issue in cold weather (don’t understand why the size issue somehow related to temperature).

TSB # 09-001/18: MAZDA CONNECT REBOOTS OR SCREEN TURNS BLACK DURING COLD TEMPERATURES

I definitely will try to convert my factory SD card to a faster-speed 16GB SD card with all the files copied over.

You can copy the oem sdcard to any other sd card. Copy all files and folders as they are currently to a pc. Insert new sdcard format it if needed and copy everything as it is to the new card. I did it with a 16gb faster sdcard and it works great. Now the oem is a backup.

Problem I have now is when trying to open the Mazda Toolbox app, I get a message saying "Service is unavailable at the moment. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Please try again later!"

Been that way for the last 2 days.

Back