Cx-5 GT (KF 2017) headlight light pattern

Dpscx5

:
Cx-5 GT KF
Hi fellow Mazda owners

Please see the attached photo,

Do you get the same light pattern from your CX5 2017 KF. Photo taken close to a wall for detail, but it is noticable when driving. This is normal low beam.

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    859.7 KB · Views: 352
Hi fellow Mazda owners

Please see the attached photo,

Do you get the same light pattern from your CX5 2017 KF. Photo taken close to a wall for detail, but it is noticable when driving. This is normal low beam.

Not following. Are you having an issue? (uhm)

I think the cutoff on my headlights are essentially even if memory serves. I'll have to double check mine tonight. The jagged cutoff on yours seems a little odd indeed.

How close are you to the wall? The chrome part of the grill could be reflecting some of that light.

I think the cutoff on my headlights are essentially even if memory serves. I'll have to double check mine tonight. The jagged cutoff on yours seems a little odd indeed.
Agreed. And it's the RHD vehicle the cut-off pattern on headlights is different from the US. Does OP have ALH?

Thank you all for your responses, that link explains it well. Even though the photo was close to the wall, the link shows the pattern. I have never owned a car where you see that pattern, normally if that pattern was there it ended on the road not on the objects in front of you. Was concerned maybe a lens was in backwards or something similar. Or the light levels were aimed incorrectly.

The manual says the light heights are automatic on this vehicle, ie no setting. Maybe that was not working as i perceived them as high.

Thank you all for your responses, that link explains it well. Even though the photo was close to the wall, the link shows the pattern. I have never owned a car where you see that pattern, normally if that pattern was there it ended on the road not on the objects in front of you. Was concerned maybe a lens was in backwards or something similar. Or the light levels were aimed incorrectly.

The manual says the light heights are automatic on this vehicle, ie no setting. Maybe that was not working as i perceived them as high.

Correct. They adjust as needed

Back