CX-5 great or just the first Mazda in a long time without a goofy smile?

Gunbuster

:
2004 Mazda 3 Hatch
What are your thoughts? I test drove a CX-5 the other day and while I was happy it left me wondering if I even wanted a crossover.

I think with a rusting 2004 Mazda 3S I was just excited because this is the first Mazda in a long time without a drugged up anime smile gracing the front grill.

Whether you want a crossover at all and whether you want this crossover versus another obviously is two different things. There are (relatively) plenty of actual owner reviews, impressions, comments, etc. in this forum already (including my own) but those reviews can't really help you decide whether you even want this type of vehicle. That said, my wife owned a 2004 Mazda3 and really loved it, except for the room and the relatively poor mpg for such a small vehicle. She now owns the CX-5 and, aside from stating that it's smarter than she is (due to all of the electronic goodies she's never had in a vehicle), she's really enjoying it and is glad to have another zoom-zoom vehicle.(headbang)

What are your thoughts? I test drove a CX-5 the other day and while I was happy it left me wondering if I even wanted a crossover.

I think with a rusting 2004 Mazda 3S I was just excited because this is the first Mazda in a long time without a drugged up anime smile gracing the front grill.

Love the car. Traded in my 2003 Protege 5 for a CX5 GT model. One of my buying factors was the grill. Th CX-5 is reminiscent of my old P5 and the 2004 - 10 Mazda 3 grills.

Not a fan of the smiley face...at all.

The grill is aggressive, and the ride quality is really good. no regrets on the purchase.

Last edited:
Back