2017~2024 CX-5 Forward Sensing Camera and Bridge Pass

:
NS, Canada
:
2020 CX-5 GT Turbo
The transponder for toll bridge access/billing in my area usually mounts just underneath where the rearview camera attaches to the windshield.

I know there is the forward sensing camera in that area that is used for a variety of vehicle safety features.

Is there any place near that area that I could mount the bridge pass and not interfere with the camera system? I could put it directly on the dash, but hoping I don't have to.

some related conversation

some related conversation
Thanks! Just leaving the house now but will check it out when I'm home.

Found my answer. I normally Google these things before posting, but for one reason or another didn't think there would be much discussion on it.

Thanks.

After reading a number of posts it seems that the general consensus is that mounting to the right of the plastic sensor housing is the best place.

I've only had my CX-5 for a week and can't picture what it looks like in my head. I thought the sensors were on the back of the rearview mirror itself but am probably wrong, makes more sense for it to be in a static position in that plastic housing.

yes, all the main windshield sensors are behind the plastic cover :) camera, laser eye and the water sensor.
and there may have been one for the mirror itself on its left rear side (toward windshield).

Right on. Any idea what this is for, on the back of the rearview mirror? For the auto headlights perhaps?

IMG_20200601_194115.jpg

light sensor. for the auto dimming I think.
Correct. There's one on the front and one on the back (mirror side). If the light sensed by the back one is greater/brighter than the one on the front, the mirror 'dims' according to that ratio. If the other way around, or balanced, the mirror un-dims.

If you stick your finger over that front sensor in daylight, you'll see the mirror dim.

Back