CX-5 Bose Speaker Specs

Carat111

Hi guys!
I am thinking of changing Bose stock speakers with aftermarket ones. What are the Bose speakers specs (wanna find a close ohm match). Thanks!

Edit: I know the sizes, all of the speakers are 2 ohm, the question comes down to watts, any idea?

Last edited:
Spent hours googling, here is what I found on the russian forum (www.cx-5.ru):

post-528-0-48942400-1355576246_thumb_zps87190c39.jpg

CX-5_speaker_wiring_zpsedd47110.gif

now one more question - what is Bose amplifier per channel watt distribution?

Last edited:
The bose speakers have amps on them or is it just one amp suplying power to all the speakers. Does anyone have pictures of the bose speakers?

The bose speakers have amps on them or is it just one amp suplying power to all the speakers. Does anyone have pictures of the bose speakers?

It is an amp/processor unit. The speakers aren't active speakers.

That brings me to my other question. I know bose system uses 2 ohm Speakers. What would happen if you put bese speakers from the gt to non bose system on the touring model? Would it work? Or would they ruin the head unit?

That brings me to my other question. I know bose system uses 2 ohm Speakers. What would happen if you put bese speakers from the gt to non bose system on the touring model? Would it work? Or would they ruin the head unit?

Don't even bother. The speakers may be better than the base ones, but still made 'to a price'. Buy aftermarket and either add an amp (at least) or replace the head unit, or both.

Theres also this one.....

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Mazda_CX5_en_tcm6-67016.pdf

Which doesnt offer any additional info, but its prettier. ;p

New diagram published by Bose on 2/17/2014 for "new" Mazda models, apparently 2014.5 cx5:
http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/Sd_Mazda_CX_5_GB_final_tcm6-67016.pdf

I am lucky to have stayed with 2013.5 (2014). See that the two side speakers in instrument panel are now only 6 cm. Used to be same as center speaker (8 cm), even in Bose's old diagram (the broken link you sent out)

Don't even bother. The speakers may be better than the base ones, but still made 'to a price'. Buy aftermarket and either add an amp (at least) or replace the head unit, or both.
Even I can get the bose speakers for free. My friend is upgrading his and I can take the speakers from him.

If you really wanted to do it, you could install the Bose speakers, but you'd need to install the Bose amplifier as well. And there'll be quite a bit of complex wiring required because the speaker cabling is different between the two models. Candidly, the benefits would not be worth the effort. I say that as the owner of a 2013 GT with the Bose system. If I didn't have it, I would buy aftermarket speakers if I wanted to upgrade the stock system.

I going to try to just installing the 2 dash speakers and see how they will work which will be weird because they are on same line and the door speakers are 4 ohms and the bose are 2 ohms. I also have a suspicion Im going to need bass blockers for them.

You will. That filtering happens in the Bose amplifier, so because you'll be sending the speakers a full-range signal, filtering is needed. I'd look at a 300Hz filter as a starting point. Know, too, that the Bose amp has equalization that's speaker and car-specific, which you'll also not have by using the speaker wired directly to the CD player.

Sounds like im giving back the speakers and just getting aftermarket ones.

I would be interested to hear if the speakers are actually different in the Bose verses non-Bose setups. I have a suspicion they are the same speakers...

Latest posts

Back