CX-5 Bike Hauler?

deacon71

Would like to fit my Trek 7.2FX inside my new vehicle w/o taking the wheels off. I know I could get a hitch rack installed on rear but would prefer not to do that. So.....wondering if any of you haul your bike around inside your new CX-5 w/o removing the front wheel. According to my measurements, my bike should just fit but want to make sure. It's come down to the Subaru Outback (no problem) and the CX-5 Touring w/2.5L, which I test drove the other day and really liked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.......(cheers)

I put my Stumpjumper fsr in the back with the seats folded down no problem without taking off the wheels. I did get a Thule T2 though since I prefer the convenience. It's kind of a pain to load the bike inside IMO.

Easy enough to get one in and I typically carry both mine and my wife's bikes (overlap but not directly with a blanket between) and all of our triathlon stuff. I have the soft cargo liner that has a flap to drop down over the bumper. That's really good protection against the bikes and the dogs!

bcda12b1-22d9-405c-82c3-72cb7170555c_zpsc47690b1.jpg

Sometimes but I haul my bike to my trailer on the cape it 120 miles away, but in August I ride my bike to the cape for my vacation.

I just bought a CX-5 today and I have a Trek 4300, I'll see how my bike fits in the rear soon (planning on buying roof mounts also)

Boy, that would be ideal, but not with the stupid texting drivers near my house. It's much safer to go somewhere else.
Yeah I hear ya, and I understand Texas isn't always the friendliest of states towards cyclists (Austin probably best I'd guess). That said, a member on another car forum I hang out at rides a lot in the D/FTW area. He have a pretty hilly terrain in in San Diego. Makes your legs and lungs grow quick if you stick with it lol

I just picked up a '13 Trek Wahoo and it fit. My Schwinn with 26's fits great, the Trek has 29's and its close it won't fit in straight, I had to turn the wheel up to get it in.

Yeah I hear ya, and I understand Texas isn't always the friendliest of states towards cyclists (Austin probably best I'd guess). That said, a member on another car forum I hang out at rides a lot in the D/FTW area. He have a pretty hilly terrain in in San Diego. Makes your legs and lungs grow quick if you stick with it lol

We've had a lot of recent bike accidents this last year. I blame most of it on texting. I just finished up the Rock and Roll Marathon in November so spent a lot of time running against traffic. I noticed so many people texting that it really is scary. It takes very little time to kill someone with a car. That's why I'm probably one of the few people happy that the installed navigation system locks out when the car is in motion. Too many people can't make good decisions themselves. And, I'm glad our terrain isn't that hilly! I like hills but there's something to be said for the small rollers we have in San Antonio!!!

Back