CV Axle repair

:
mazda
Center side of the boot is broke on both right and left

This seems an expensive repair compared my Acura Integra - they just reboot it for under $100 a side.
Any advice tips?

:
2010 Mazda 5
I replaced both sides when I did my clutch. Driver's side had a failed outer boot. I think I paid $110 total for both. If you can do it yourself it is not hard and worth the savings.

:
mazda
I did the work. The parts came from Rockauto
Thanks - what brand did u get?
Did u change the axle or reboot?

This turned out to be the most difficult repair in my entire car history - as earlier "they just reboot it for under $100 a side " for my Acura Integra

M5 axle is not shared with M3 or others - so reman parts are rare. So is inner boot. FEQ seems reputed but now then they may not be the exact fit - you won't know until you try it out and it's too late by then.

Last edited:
:
2010 Mazda 5
I replaced the whole axle. I used the suntrack/trackmotive brand from Rockauto. I stressed over the no ABS tone ring for nothing. The tone ring is built into the hub. Used an air impact and air chisel to get them out.

:
mazda
I replaced the whole axle. I used the suntrack/trackmotive brand from Rockauto. I stressed over the no ABS tone ring for nothing. The tone ring is built into the hub. Used an air impact and air chisel to get them out.
I was going to do the same with FEQ parts - then I learned that 10% of the time the part has issues.

So I had it repaired using parts from RockAuto - BeckAnley. Mind you inner boot is scarce elsewhere including Mazada dealer.

We might run into issues with parts on M5 with time.

:
2010 Mazda 5 Sport
But someone is making the boots. It's not going to be FEQ. Usually the manufacturer will have other distribution channels...You just have to find it like he said.