Customized Lisence Plate

kbro

Well guys, seeing is that i am getting a Midnight Blue Mica Pro5, and one of my favorite movies is Resevoir Dogs, i think the best thing to do is make my Plate say MR BLUE. What do you think?

kbro (MR BLUE)

Sounds cool.

Off the topic, but this reminds me of that mini-game in Conker's Bad Fur Day...anybody here play it? Ya know, the one where they spoof Res Dogs in four player bank heist? "You will be Mr. Blue, either do it my way, or you do it a dead mutha f**ka's way"

Sounds like a good plan...how much does it cost where you are to get a custom plate? It's $100 here, but that's a one-time fee and then the license is always yours.

yup

yeah it costs $100.00 here too, well i guess $107.00 because there is only one tax on it.

We can't have customized license plates here in Quebec :( Must be a separatists (read Communist) thing...no individualism (bastards).

2X ZOOM here in Florida.

I tried to get ZOOM X2 but it was taken.

I've actually had someone pull up next to me at a light, and say "Your plate, 2X Zoom, I get it. ZOOM ZOOM!!!!"

Some people need help. :rolleyes:

Re: yup

kbro said:
yeah it costs $100.00 here too, well i guess $107.00 because there is only one tax on it.

Hehe when you made your original post I didn't notice that you were a fellow Manitoban! :D

My wife's plates say I GO ZOOM Everything else that was "zoom" related was taken,I really could not believe that we got that.

Griff

gonna be either EGR2SKI or FRFRMWGN

The first one has no relation to my car. I used to have it on my jeep. I have been involved in the snow ski industry for about 8 years now. It's not my daily job anymore but am trying to get back in to it. And for those of you who still haven't gotten what it means.... Eager to Ski. As in can't wait.

The other one is all about the car. I am a german car nut having had an corrado a scirrocco a gti and a E30 M3. Well I was sitting there and saw a Farvernugen sticker. Well I thought for a little bit and came up with Far From Wagon (FRFRMWGN) Meaning even though the P5 is a wagon it is far from being a mommy mobile. It is more like a miata that is actually suited for getting groceries. It also means the pleasure of driving a wagon but more precisely the pleasure of driving a P5 which we all know there is plenty of.

Let me know what you guys think????????

I have come up with all of my friends personalized plates but had a hard time with my own.

One friend of mine, shes a stripper and is into the whole import scene drives a Type R integra with a Turbo and front mount and all the JDM goodies that your heart could desire. Anyway she just got here license plate that I came up with.

MISSHIFT - We have been ragging her because she for some reason always grinds second gear no matter what car she drives and well she is a girl with a tight car so mrs. or miss in this case suits her. If any of you guys want some help on a plate let me know.

BTW just found this while searching the net. Kinda fun to play with

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

Here's mine:

jdmplate.jpg

my plates expire this month, but they currently say UR N4IT

But everybody with a actual tuned imports or V6's seemed to take that personal and wanted to race my little automatic 4-banger. I'm not really the racing type, I just try to make my P5 look good. So when I renew my plates this month, I'm changing to PMP WAGN

I think maybe it'll come across better than my P5 isn't a race car

i was thinkin bout 1PHTWGN or FNZOOMN...i still dont know what to get, you guys got some great ideas...

There used to be this somewhat cool show back in the 80's(dating myself here I know), called Bumper Stumpers and basically all they did was come up with these clever licencse plates and the contestants would have to try and figure out 1 letter at a time what the license was supposed to be saying.

I think it costs $49 here in Cali. Mine says ZOOMZMN.........others i debated about were zoomin5 zoomnp5 juszoom izoomzm.....All my original choices were taken. You can check out the dmv website here to see what's available....which was nice.

Red Baron said:
We can't have customized license plates here in Quebec :( Must be a separatists (read Communist) thing...no individualism (bastards).

Yes you can. You just have to ask. However, it needs to follow the pattern of 999 XXX and be available. A lot of BMW's and Porsches have them (911 XXX, 540 XXX, and so on...)

Interesting fact:
I live in Indiana, and Indiana is the only state that does this, so dont worry. When you get a customized plate here, ANY customized plate, you are charged a $70 fee on top of normal license charges. Yeah, it's a little high, but that's not the point. Point is, $40 of that 70 is split between the democrats and republicans as campaign money! That's right, every time you get a customized plate here, you're donating to political parties without your knowledge! Isn't that just great! It was passed a while back tacked on to a big bill, and of course neither party is going to take it off. It generates on average about 1.2 MILLION dollars a year, split between the two parties, tax free.

******* state.

Back