Custom shift boots

mglavina

R3VO 3VOM
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
I was looking into getting a custom coloured shift boot for my car. Theres tones of options out there, I have the black/white interior so I was thinking of getting something to match it. One problem I did have though, was that I don't know know how to take a part the middle console to get to the boot lol.

Post pics of your custom shift boot, price, sites ect. Also if you know how to take apart the original boot that would help aswell.

Last edited:
i have redlinegoods.com leather. black w/perforations and gray striping with contrasting white threading. think it was somewhere around 140-150 for all three pieces. install was a bit of a pain cuz everything fit so tight but it looks great.

how to remove center console pieces: first engage the hand brake and remove the shift knob. open the cupholder and grab close to one of the four corners of this piece and give a tug. this is were the clips are. remove this piece.
then pic up on the shifter shroud at the base. it pops up but the top is clipped to the underside of radio shroud. you'll see as you pull the bottom up. once its free you'll have to undo the wire harness for the cigarette lighter. and unscrew the ashtray light thingy.
the shift boot is screwed on from underneathe. just undo the screws to remove it.

its really easy. thats goin off memory from a year ago. so its up to you to keep an eye out for a screw or clip i forgot to mention.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/
they make a quality product. not exactly cheap but its really worth it. i think they even include instructions.

heres a pic of my set up. color is way off but you'll get the idea.
Interiorwide.jpg

as you can see, a hundred times better than stock.

hope that helps.

That's pretty accurate how to remove the shifter surround.

I've personally got the TWM shift boot made for the Stage 2 shifter. It takes the slop out of the boot area and is a very soft supple leather, which looks good. Mine is black with silver stitching to match the seats.

Thanks for the feedback, that was exactly what I was looking for. I really like the black with white and grey, I think it would match nicely with my interior. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get some money together and get this mod done asap.

Thanks for the feedback, that was exactly what I was looking for. I really like the black with white and grey, I think it would match nicely with my interior. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get some money together and get this mod done asap.

Don't get too carried away with the colors. I would shoot them an e-mail/PM and have them show you what they've done in the past, maybe supply them with a pic of your interior and let them suggest some options. They do pretty good work from what I've seen, I may still get their armrest cover with the silver stitching to match in the future.

The shift boot I had for my Cougar, from redlinegoods.com :

picture.php

I had a matching e-brake boot as well. I was very happy with them.

It's black and red, with alternate double stitching.

Last edited:
mistersix, did u replace all ur gauge needles and key hole light with green?? or is that just how it looks in the pic.

mistersix, did u replace all ur gauge needles and key hole light with green?? or is that just how it looks in the pic.

it's the blue hue from the lights making the whole picture blue, when blue hits orange it makes it a weird green haha :)

I'm actually planning on making one using the Crown Royal black or XR bags I have lying around...

TWM Stage 2 shift boot (black/silver stitching) with short shifter and M1 Abrams shift knob. Jives real well with my interior :)

38805344015_medium.jpg

I picked up one of the Redline Goods kits, pretty happy with the quality. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to get the lid off the center console compartment to replace the cover (though I haven't looked at it all that closely to be honest). There is only one screw that I see, and it doesn't help...and, for some reason, I don't want to pull on anything too hard and break it. :) Any hints on how to take the lid off? Thanks.

that e-brake is beautiful dude. i have been removing my whole entire center console just to clean everything that leaks in through the e brake hole -_-. Just because I haven't found any ebrake that I like.

I picked up one of the Redline Goods kits, pretty happy with the quality. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to get the lid off the center console compartment to replace the cover (though I haven't looked at it all that closely to be honest). There is only one screw that I see, and it doesn't help...and, for some reason, I don't want to pull on anything too hard and break it. :) Any hints on how to take the lid off? Thanks.

I just removed the entire armrest assembly and pulled it out of the car. I too, could not figure out how to get just the top off. However, with the whole thing out you just stretch it out and over it, then massage it a little to get it to sit right. Honestly, i was a real PITA. I was ready punt the thing into the river.

that e-brake is beautiful dude. i have been removing my whole entire center console just to clean everything that leaks in through the e brake hole -_-. Just because I haven't found any ebrake that I like.

Thank you. I have no problem with stuff gettin in there now with the boot on it. Unlike the armrest, E-brake boot was super easy to install.

I have the twm short shift boot. Very high quality piece.

5358436679_ef650fb5a4_b.jpg

4692793046_be8acb0f94_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back