Custom Mazaspeed 6 Lower Front Grills Photos Of Progress

-69-

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Custom Mazaspeed 6 Lower Front Grills Finished!

Ok had a spare front bumper and decided to start playing around with mesh grille for the speed 6. Looks good so far. I am going to paint the mesh Black and the bumper reinforcement you see in the photos i have an idea on a little sum sum for that so it doesnt look as plain. the fog lights i still have to cut the bumper where you see the red through the mesh and they will be painted high gloss black. So far not so bad ill update it once i get it further done. Foglight Pieces Are Sandblasted is why they look that way as well.
exotickoncepts_007.jpg

exotickoncepts_008.jpg

exotickoncepts_009.jpg

exotickoncepts_010.jpg

exotickoncepts_011.jpg

exotickoncepts_012.jpg

exotickoncepts_013.jpg

exotickoncepts_014.jpg

Last edited:
yes i have ideas for the bumper support already. gonna do a little experimenting with something and see how it turns out lol.

lol I love how half of the grille opening is totally fake. At least they handled that better on the MS6 than on the MS3 with it's big black plastic bar. The bumper support only hangs 1/4" or so into the grille opening on the Protege5. Now I can see why people are having so much difficulty fitting a FMIC!

It's a shame that they made the front grille so big in the first place, considering all that space at the top is just for a bumper brace, I sometimes wish they would make a plastic insert like the 3 and CX-7 have in that area, then run the mesh below that.
Either way, you've done a good job so far, I am sure that alot of people have wondered what our cars would look like with mesh, now we'll know.

thanks!

thank you, no problem, got all the pieces primered now, was originally gonna paint the foglight pieces all gloss black, but now i think i changed my mind and going to do the outer edge, bottom, and the circle piece for foglight black and the rest whitewater pearl. makes it look like a little more time was put into it and not just quickly done. ill post more pics when i do more to it. hopefully by next week ill have the bumper all painted and put back together.

chuyler1 said:

i fixed the crack in the bumper and now im just waiting to put the car in the paintbooth to do a custom paintjob so hopefully soon. I also made a piece to cover the bumper support that im hoping ends up looking great all painted. Gotta paint customer cars first b4 i can do mine so hopefully this week i get it in there. Only got 2 weeks before nopi in Nj so it will def be all done before then!

IMHO Green neon's would have looked better.

I like the decal....but for some reason I just don't think it looks good on the MS6. I think it's because it's a 4-door and there is no wing.

I always thought these type of decals looked better on coupes.

The car looks great. I would never put a decal like that on my car but it makes yours stand out and I'm sure it gets you a few more looks at car shows.

walking around your car without any pants or under garments on will get you a few more looks at the car shows too, but I don't see anyone here doing that :(

but if that's what you like.........more power to ya.

Back