What did you pay for your CX-5?

Howdy All,

The Car we'd ordered finally arrived and we Picked up my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with both Tech Packages today.
So, I can finally help with a little info after all the great help I've gotten.

MSRP $34,805.00 GT AWD Both the Tech Pkg, and I-activSense,
roof rails, splash guards, wheel locks, retractable cargo cover,
cargo tray, and Mazda Mobile Start

Neg $32,500.00

then -$500.00 Mazda Loyalty Rebate

$32,000.00 less Trade In, Plus TTL

We got our own financing through Chase as we're already Customers
and got a little better rate than the dealers 1.9% for the 48 months.

I was very pleased with the way everything ended up, felt like I got good value
for my Money, and excited to have a new Car !!!!

If anyone's in the DFW area shoot me a PM if you need anymore info.

Thanks again to everyone, Take Care,

CK

Congrats Pather! that is one loaded vehicle!!! how is your experience with the Mazda Mobile Start?

Congrats Panther! that is one loaded vehicle!!! how is your experience with the Mazda Mobile Start?

Morning jcpharm,

Thanks!!! Set up the Mobile Start, was very easy once I figured out
I had to have everything completed online, so that once the app was loaded
on the Phone you could sign in with all the data that you'd entered online. Originally
I'd had signed up online but didn't complete the process since I didn't have all the
info. I had also downloaded the App on my Iphone but couldn't log in since I'd not
completed everything online. One of those moments when the light blinked on :)

Those of you getting invoice less $1400, is this with no incentives and paying cash? Or does it include the $500 Chase rebate, or loyalty or other promotions? This price does not exist in the mid-Atlantic area.

How does one find out about what the INVOICE pricing is?

So it looks like people are paying around $500 - $1,000 BELOW invoice?

Those of you getting invoice less $1400, is this with no incentives and paying cash? Or does it include the $500 Chase rebate, or loyalty or other promotions? This price does not exist in the mid-Atlantic area.

I got mine for $500 below invoice and then the $500 Chase rebate in addition. My deal was due to the dealer wanting to meet a quarterly sales quota at the end of June. I did do the Mazda/Chase special financing but the price I got wasn't contingent on that. I had some prices from the Indianapolis area but they weren't any better than my Fort Wayne dealer and they are 90 - 100 miles away versus 35 miles.

How does one find out about what the INVOICE pricing is?

So it looks like people are paying around $500 - $1,000 BELOW invoice?

I used truecar.com and kbb.com to check invoice pricing and to see what CX-5's were selling for in my area.

I used kbb.com as my reference invoice price. I got my 2016 Soul Red GT w/ Tech Pkg. for $1510 below kbb.com invoice (Chase financing for 3 months [so essentially cash], no other incentives, end of month negotiation). This comes out to $2,548 below MSRP before TTL.

I am in the DC metro area.

Last edited:
It doesn't exist in the Midwest either!

My invoice price was roughly $1000.00 off MSRP, then $500 loyalty bonus.

I can get close to $1400 off invoice with the Chase $500 (and of course pay off in 3 months), but no way $1400 under invoice for a cash deal.

Howdy All,

They're running ads down here about paying the first 3 payments, not sure all the
particular details. My Wonderful Wife, who has a Mazda 3s said she got an advertisement
touting the 3 first payments, looked for it but she'd thrown it away.

Wonder why y'all can't get anymore below the MSRP???? Do you
have extra fees besides the destination charge like we have in Texas ($880.00)
Hell, it'd almost be worth flying down and buying one if you can save an extra thousand or more.

I contacted all the dealerships in my area within 150miles via their website and got them bidding against one another. I used this website as a guide http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml

I contacted all the dealerships in my area within 150miles via their website and got them bidding against one another. I used this website as a guide http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml

This is the way I have been buying cars for 40 years.

No dealers in the NY/NJ/Philly area will do invoice less $1400 for a cash purchase, without Mazda incentives. This is why I am asking exactly the terms of the deal for those talking about invoice less $1400. Did this include the destination charge?

The CX5 is getting rediculous reviews online, on TV, and all over the moto rags.

If this continues then the prices will be discounted less and less.

But I will say this and I'm thinking most will agree - think about all the money we waste on dinners out, garbage, and overall crap.

$1000 is NOT keeping me from getting a car I want.

No disrespect for the fight for the best price but is XX dollars really keeping you from buying?

The CX5 is getting rediculous reviews online, on TV, and all over the moto rags.

But I will say this and I'm thinking most will agree - think about all the money we waste on dinners out, garbage, and overall crap.

No disrespect for the fight for the best price but is XX dollars really keeping you from buying?
+1. this and other websites (truecar, kbb, etc.) helped me know i wasn't getting ripped off. that's all i needed to purchase the car i wanted.

Mazda has been getting great press but Mazda has always been a "small" car company. Compared to Toyota, Mazda sells a very low volume of cars to the US market.

YTD sales for USA Toyota = 1,450,000 vehicles sold in US
YTD sales for USA Mazda = 186,000 vehicles sold in US (boom05)

With that being said, no matter how much good press they get, Mazda will not raise its prices because it would hurt an already small market share. Toyota would blow them out of the water because people will gravitate to the lower priced car. Even though the Toyota is probably one of the most boring and soulless vehicle out there, people see $$$ and buy the cheaper car. Toyota does still have a good rep for being reliable.

I agree on your point about $1k and getting the car you want. It shouldn't be a make it or break it.

Back