CPE performance upgrades

Dalton

:
Mazda RX8 and CX7
Hello everybody interested in greater performance!

Just got responce from CPE, that there is piggypack under development called Standback and it can be installed on CX7 - but someone just might go to CPE...

Custom Performance Engineering
6802 Mid Cities Avenue.
Beltsville, MD 20705

and volunteer with his/her suv to give other owners great product!!! (cool)

www.cp-e.com said:
Originally Posted by Dalton
Is there something coming for CX7 also - I ordered the CP-E CAI but mostly in terms of EMU?

We fully intend on adapting the Standback to the CX7. We just need someone to come by our shop when we have a spare moment so we can find the right wires to tap, and to make sure that we have the right crank timing wheel pattern. In other words, the Standback as it sits can be installed on a CX7 with no hardware changes, which makes our lives much easier

It will be nice if its Plug-n-Play. However that is up in the air at this time when I last spoke to them.

captaingoodvibe said:
when will cp know if they can do it. im in aus your quite welcome to try out on mine

Jeah great - you're aussie - thats measly 10 000 miles away (to every direction) - twice the distance than me (glare)

ok seriously - (direct) just between Washington and Baltimore - anybody (huh)

I'm in columbia, MD, might be able to loan my car for a day or so depending on the schedule...
Who do I have to contact to set things up?
BTW, the car is FWD and it's bonestock except for a k&n filter.

jestermsp said:
im in nj and am also willing to take a drive down. only would have the weekend though.

Procedures are following - pm www.cp-e.com

www.cp-e.com said:
Actually, you are a perfect candidate for this project, being local and having a stock, front wheel drive model. I'm very interested in working with you, but I need a couple days to work out a time to get you in here.

We should only require your car for a day, but may need two if any troubleshooting is required. Then we'll need to dyno it, which will eat up another day. Of course, we can spread this out to fit your schedule.

If you're still interested, shoot me back with a PM and I'll get you an open time to stop by as soon as I can. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jordan

Yes updates would be nice. I've got my fingers crossed they released a Plug-N-Play version for us....but last time I spoke with them it was up in the air.

I'll be dropping the car this Friday and I'll have it back before Monday. If they have time to dyno tune the car, I'm sure they will post the results. But if they don't get to dyno it I should be able to give you guys some feedback by Monday night.

BadakVT said:
I'll be dropping the car this Friday and I'll have it back before Monday. If they have time to dyno tune the car, I'm sure they will post the results. But if they don't get to dyno it I should be able to give you guys some feedback by Monday night.

Awesome!!!
Thanks for helping out!! (thumb)

BadakVT said:
YEAHHHHHH! Thanks a lot!

Back