• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

Copper Brake Grease?

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
Can anyone tell me what the copper brake grease that comes with the factory Mazda pads is actually called? You'd think after being a Mazda tech for 1 1/2 years I would have figured out what it was called but never did. What I do know is it is NOT anti-seize. Just trying to see if I can find the equivalent elsewhere for when I finally run out of the hoard of this grease I already have. Whenever I Google it the only results I get are for anti-seize.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Can anyone tell me what the copper brake grease that comes with the factory Mazda pads is actually called? You'd think after being a Mazda tech for 1 1/2 years I would have figured out what it was called but never did. What I do know is it is NOT anti-seize. Just trying to see if I can find the equivalent elsewhere for when I finally run out of the hoard of this grease I already have. Whenever I Google it the only results I get are for anti-seize.
Based on Mazda Factory Service Manual the brake grease comes with OEM brake pads is called Molykote 7439. It's brown colored some sort of moly grease.

View attachment 220979

:
2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 twin turbodiesel auto - Sonic Silver
You*d be far better with a ceramic grease than copper grease.

Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

• Yes, an ND MX-5 Miata

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Yes, an Older Gen MX-5 Miata

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 49.3%