Considering a Move

Kypatrick

:
07 Cosmic Blue Speed3
Hey all, I currently live in KY, but me and my wife have been discussing moving to CO. So what do u think about the place and when u describe it can u also tell me the area u live in?

I spent the winter in the mountians in Colorado working at a ski resort, deffinately differnt than the mountians in Kentucky, and it gets pretty damn cold. But I know some people who live in or around Denver and they seem to love the weather there. It is beautiful out there, but I don't think I would give up the nice warm weather here in FL to move back.

So it seems that if a guy from FL is the only one to respond then the CO section is kinda slow huh?

Thanks for the reply, yeah, my wife wont do hot. How much was cost of living, did it seem to be more than FL? Where in FL u live? I know Miami is pretty pricey.

So it seems that if a guy from FL is the only one to respond then the CO section is kinda slow huh?

Thanks for the reply, yeah, my wife wont do hot. How much was cost of living, did it seem to be more than FL? Where in FL u live? I know Miami is pretty pricey.

Well its a lot cheaper in Colorado than it is here in FL, depending where in colorado you are. I was checking out the top 25 cities for most home owner debt the other night though and Colorado Springs, Boulder and Denver were all in the top 12. I don't know if that means people just can find good enough jobs or what. I live in Central FL and even appartment rent is insane, but then again I can find a good enough job to pay for it. When I was in Colorado I had employee housing and it was only $325 a month but theres 4 people to a place, I don't really know about a single bedroom place or a house. Hopefully some people who actually live out there will speak up lol.

Sorry, I didn't see this new post. I normally don't scroll that far down in the Index.

I live in Highlands Ranch (a community, not a city, on the south side of the Denver metro area). I have a 2800 sq ft house that is 9 years old that I just bought about 11 months ago. I paid a little over $300,000 for it- probably could have bought it for less now, but the market was still in decent shape back then. I live less than a mile from $1 million dollar houses in one direction and about a mile from $200,000 houses in the other direction.

The weather here is pretty good. Sure it gets cold, but it doesn't last very long. In the summer, it gets hot, but that too doesn't last very long. And one thing you can count on everyday in the summer is that after the sun goes down, so does the temp because of how dry (not humid) it is out here. I remember leaving for the airport at 3:30am in Clearwater, Florida one time and it felt like it was just as hot and muggy as it was the previous day. I've lived in Colorado, Arizona, Wisconsin and Kansas and I like the weather in Colorado the best. If you are in the mountains at night in the summer, you will probably need long pants and possibly a jacket.

The price of regular gas right now is about $3.45/gallon.

Here's a pic I took off my back deck on Christmas Eve morning. The sun is rising behind the camera and the moon is setting over the mountains.
xmas_eve_sunrise_w_moon.JPG

I like Colorado. I was born here and have lived here 4 different times. I've seen most of this country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

My wife will prob love that pic.
It will prob be about a year before we can move, its till kinda in the air, but seems to be an option.

FYI- it snowed here today. More snow tomorrow. Back in the 60's for the weekend.

well weather in KY has been back and forth to, so no shock. unless its always that cold in May.

Colorado is a beautiful place to live. There are so many things you can do and see here. I live in Broomfield, which is about 15 miles north of Denver and it is a nice city.
The weather here is always back and forth. We had nice 70 and 80 degrees and then snowed the next day.

I lived in Colorado since 1989. About two years ago I moved to Florida (long story) and now I'm back in Colorado.

The cost of living in the Denver Metro area worked out to be about the same as the Daytona Beach area.

Housing is still in a bit of a slide for the Denver area but should level off soon.

Registering vehicles can be pricey, and is expected to go up in the next year or so.

The weather is nice most of the year. Not warm all year long, but it is still pretty decent with some 300 days of sunshine on average.

Colorado is a nice plave to visit. It was booming years ago but has been on a pretty steady decline. Not much industry moving that direction any more and technology companys are starting to pull out of Denver, hurting everyone. Most of the money is retired military it would seem now in the burbs, Colorado Springs and the like. However, if you are into out door sports, Religion and or starting your own business (distribution or warehousing of some kind) it is a great place to start. If you dont have jobs to go into you are better off staying where you are unless one of you is a teacher. I have not lived there in a while but take a trip there every year and have family in CS'. It is rough all over but some places worse than others. When looking to make a major move the economy is all I would look at this day and age... Love it there though! BEAUTIFUL!

Back