Coming off the boat today!

Modshack

:
CX5 GT
White over Sand leather CX5 Grand Touring.....

Did the deal Saturday but With the limited number of these on the ground, no dealers were willing to trade.

Luckily my dealer had the exact combination I wanted incoming and his rep confirmed its arrival at the port today!

Should have it by the middle of next week (according to the rep)...Yay!

Last edited:

Did the deal Saturday but With the limited number of these on the ground, no dealers were willing to trade.

Luckily my dealer had the exact combination I wanted incoming and his rep confirmed its arrival at the port today!

Should have it by the middle of next week...Yay!

Wow your lucky. My dealer said mine was in the country already last week but I wouldn't have it until 1st week of april.

Should have it by the middle of next week...Yay!

curious - did u get the tech package?

curious - did u get the tech package?

Unfortunately this one did not have it.... Selection out there is pretty limited. Dealer had this one on order, and trade opportunities were limited so I grabbed it. I did look into adding the NAV though...It's about a 10 minute plug-in install for $450 so I'm going to order that now..

The lights would have been nice, but my night-time driving is pretty limited. This will replace the wife's '07 Honda Element so it'll be a nice upgrade for her...

Last edited:
Is that because they're transporting it over from another state?

Well they all come off the boat in Tacoma correct? Then its being shipped to a dealer in Detroit and then my local dealer in Grand Rapids,mi traded for it. Seems awful long but maybe i don't know the logistics.

Well they all come off the boat in Tacoma correct? Then its being shipped to a dealer in Detroit and then my local dealer in Grand Rapids,mi traded for it. Seems awful long but maybe i don't know the logistics.

I'm guessing it depends on how many cars they have going to various parts of the country. That's how it usually happens...I know with Ford it does. Shipping typically doesn't happen til a full load is scheduled for an area or dealer. I'm guessing if you were buying a Chevy in Detroit you'd of had it yesterday!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is coming cross-country by train. Back in 2000, I was one of those people who factory ordered a PT Cruiser (still driving it) and was able to track it being shipped by train from the factory in Mexico, up to Texas, through St. Louis and on to the east coast. It reached a distibution point in Maryland and then was put on a truck. Took almost two weeks if I recall. I also drive past the Port of Baltimore quite often and they ship in and out loads of cars and they are coming and going by train and truck.

Yeah...A lot of Manufacturers use the train/truck combination. I don't know what MAZDA does, but I have a friend at the port... I'll ask him..

really,

here?

i have been searching mustangs, gtis, and now the cx5 to replace my 10 speed3.. you are killing me.

dont know what i am going to end up with, but you have some splanin to do.. thanks for you knowledge base!!!!

beers

really,

here?

i have been searching mustangs, gtis, and now the cx5 to replace my 10 speed3.. you are killing me.

dont know what i am going to end up with, but you have some splanin to do.. thanks for you knowledge base!!!!

beers

LOL...I'm everywhere, Having traded my 5.0 '11 Mustang GT in for the GTI. CX5 is for the Wife's DD...

Back