Colors

Which color looks the best on an 08 Mazda 5?

• Sunlight Silver Metallic

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Crystal White Pearl

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Brilliant Black

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Galaxy Grey Mica

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Stormy Blue Mica

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Copper Red Mica

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Golden Sand Metallic

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
I voted Crystal White Pearl, although mine is actually "Whitewater" Pearl. Yeah I know, you say potato, I say pototo ;)

I think you'll find white is by far the most popular choice. I'd rather it not be, but the vast majority that I've seen on the road have been white.

I went with Stormy Blue. Obviously I have black on my 07 and I'm pretty pleased with it when it is clean. ;^) I think it scratches easily though. I'm gonna work on "blacking" it out if possible.

I like the White but because of the inside are white too, so I bought Galaxy Grey Mica with black leather

me and esprit is on the same boat... damn 08 and their sand interior.. hahaha

that's why i started this poll. I'm stuck deciding on which color Mazda 5 to get as soon as I sell my current car.
White was my first option but that sand interior doesn't work for me.

i went with the grey due to the sand interior...

i was having the same problem..

the way i look at it is.. the interior i have to look at everyday when i'm driving to work...

isn't brigher interior actually "easier" to clean?

i own 07 Honda Fit & 08 M5 and both have dark interior.. having 2 years old baby...she destries.. them both...:D

i too want to see copper red in person..:D

I've seen these 08s in person:
  • Copper Red/sand int. Really nice, but not as 'wow factor' as the photochopped pics. I have the feeling that this color and the Galaxy Gray will make be at least 50% of the Mazda5s around.
  • Stormy Blue/black int. (duh!). Very dark, and very dirty on Winter. Awesome sunlight effects otherwise.
  • Galaxy Gray/black int. Also nice, problem is that there are plenty of Mazda3s and Mazda6s with that color around here (I just see one parked here next to me)
  • Crystal White Pearl/sand int. Liked the 2006 and 2007 much better, but OK otherwise. The sand interior reduces the Zoom-Zoom effect ;)

All in all, I would have gone for any if they had manual tranny, except Black or Golden Sand. I owned a black car once and won't go for it again, too high maintenance (I already have a wife ;)). Golden Sand, I just don't dig it.

^^ And I'll add Sunlight Silver Metallic to the list. Just saw one on my way back from work. Just looked at each other in a merging road (base Sport model). Looked at each other like WTF? Weird (boom07). He seemed to be checking the roof racks though :D. Looks cool, like the metallic gray that never made it to these shores for 06-07.

With that one it adds-up to 5-6 seen in my area (on the road, not dealer) since 05, LOL.

i wouldn't of ever guessed the stormy blue and copper red would have the most votes so far.
thought there'd be more black.
interesting...

So is the Stormy Blue Mica more of an actual blue color? Out '07 Sport is Strato Blue Mica. apparently that was code name for purple in 99.9% or all lights and blue if you are at the right angle to the sun on the right day and squint a little...

That said, Ive seen Strato Blue Mica on 3s and 6s and it dosn't suit them very well. On the 5 is is a very nice and somewhat unique color.

So is the Stormy Blue Mica more of an actual blue color? Out '07 Sport is Strato Blue Mica. apparently that was code name for purple in 99.9% or all lights and blue if you are at the right angle to the sun on the right day and squint a little...

That said, Ive seen Strato Blue Mica on 3s and 6s and it dosn't suit them very well. On the 5 is is a very nice and somewhat unique color.

Yup, it is more "blue" than anything else, but also it needs some special lighting to see some interesting effects. I saw this pic earlier and made me like it a little bit more. It is the 2009 Mazda6 but the lighting shows the color well. I actually had to double check the code name for it, because with not direct lights it looks so dark/different (2nd pic)

1147big.jpg

9080129.016.Mini6L.jpg

Wow, the car in the pic ^^^ is super cool! Please tell me that won't be a non-USA car. If that's what the '09, 6 wagons will look like, I'd be all over one.

Wow, the car in the pic ^^^ is super cool! Please tell me that won't be a non-USA car. If that's what the '09, 6 wagons will look like, I'd be all over one.

Me likes it too (naughty), but the Mazda6 wagon (or Kombi/Estate in Europe, depending on where you are), won't make it to these shores. Mazda in NA discontinued the Mazda6 wagon for the 08 model and that will prevail for the 09. It seems that the only Mazda6 for 09 that will come to NA is the typical sedan (I think the hatchback will not make it either)

I took a look of the 06 Mazda6 wagon when buying the Mazda5, and it was really nice, but the lack of sliding doors and the lower height to get into the back seat (i.e. baby car seat) killed the deal. They had 5MT though :D

Back