Coilovers

:
Mazda, CX-5 Grand Touring
Looking to get coilovers for my 2014 Mazda CX-5. Any recommendations? I have the CS Springs and it's crazy bouncy. Need to purchase within a couple of weeks or so. Thank you in advance!

CX Racing for cheap options ($400-500 depending on adjustability), BC racing starting around $1000 usd, K sport (more expensive), scale covers, Tein others..

I have the ksport its quite hard, set at middle will tear your spine off, curently set at 5 clicks front, 3clicks rear liveable but still kicks like hell on bumps and potholes, spring rate is 8.7front 6.3 rear.
If you daily the car look for softer spring rates

CX Racing for cheap options ($400-500 depending on adjustability), BC racing starting around $1000 usd, K sport (more expensive), scale covers, Tein others..

I'm looking for more comfortable daily driving. I was going to but the ksport until I saw the other comment.

I'm looking for more comfortable daily driving. I was going to but the ksport until I saw the other comment.
As far as i know tein has 6front 4 rear spring rates but it has the least features and made in china.
I was gonna go with ceika they also recommend a 6f/4r spring rate but after research they are just 2 guys somewhere in europe who orders stuff in taiwan and ship the items to you, like drop ship i guess. I read horrors if the kit is a mismatch, wrong fitting etc.
You could try Megan racing. spring rates are also 6f/4r didnt went with them as its located it US too far from where im at, shipping cost.
And dont go with silvers they are like 14f/9r spring rates lol

Lol I was going to ask about Ceika. Damn. I just want something with good or the best of the worse in ride quality.

IMG_20200104_075309_648.jpg

This is my car now, what are you guys running? I have stock shocks/struts w/CorkSports lol

View attachment 223225
This is my car now, what are you guys running? I have stock shocks/struts w/CorkSports lol
Lol I was going to ask about Ceika. Damn. I just want something with good or the best of the worse in ride quality.
Dont think they are bad. I just avoid hassles and headaches if problem arises. Try them out post your experience.

I suggest you also get a rear adjustable sway bar link. Mines are longer now so the sway bar is on preload it will jiggle your belly fat lol
Still waiting for the links to arrive. For the front not neccessary as the link is connected the same position

Megan racing is like that too, they sell a bunch of rebrand stuff, so it's hard to know the OEM sometimes.

I'm in your situation as well, factory struts/shocks and CS springs. Once in a while, I look into these kits, but for now, the factory struts/shocks are still working great, at 62k miles.
I'm not planning to spend $1000 on a set, most likely won't be getting cheap Chinese ones either.
I'm inclining toward Koni Sport struts/shocks and not coilovers. I'm fine how the car sits now, I don't really need any adjustment done to the height.

Last edited:
10k and 7k rate, sounds stiff.

10k and 7k does sound a little stiff for a CX-5. It might be okay depending on how the dampers are "tuned".. but safer rates would probably be a little softer, something like 8k and 6k. I had 12k and 8k on my IS250 and it rode very well, but a big part of that had to do with the way the dampers were valved.

I have the ksport its quite hard, set at middle will tear your spine off, curently set at 5 clicks front, 3clicks rear liveable but still kicks like hell on bumps and potholes, spring rate is 8.7front 6.3 rear.
If you daily the car look for softer spring rates

Springs DO NOT make a vehicle ride rough. High Speed compression damping (pavement spalls, pot holes, expansion joints) does.

I'm running 7kg front and 5kg rear springs on my Miata's Ohlins coilovers. The car weighs 2498 pounds. The ride is less harsh than the OEM suspension.

Springs DO NOT make a vehicle ride rough. High Speed compression damping (pavement spalls, pot holes, expansion joints) does.

I'm running 7kg front and 5kg rear springs on my Miata's Ohlins coilovers. The car weighs 2498 pounds. The ride is less harsh than the OEM suspension.
Ok buddy not gonna argue with you, i must be dumb for thinking that stiffer spring makes car jolts over potholes.

My Mazda3 Eibach springs certainly did make the ride stiffer, with OEM or Koni Yellow shocks.

Latest posts

Back