2013~2016 Code P2262 question

I own a 2015 2.2 diesel cx5. Engine light came on and code p2262 (turbocharger/supercharger boost pressure not detected-mechanical). Anyone else had this problem before?

Hello, I've just got the same fault code. Did you solve your problem? If so, what was the reason for the problem, and what did you do to fix it?

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-225500~2.png
    Screenshot_20210208-225500~2.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 5,734
Upvote 0
I own a 2015 2.2 diesel cx5. Engine light came on and code p2262 (turbocharger/supercharger boost pressure not detected-mechanical). Anyone else had this problem before?
Hi All, Not so much for the original requester, but for others who come searching for the same reason. My 2017 CX-5 2.2D skyactiv had the Check engine light come on and a loss of power. The OBD-II scan presented code "2262 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected" Based on the comments here I took it to the Mazda service centre armed with the information that this is a very common issue for the 2.2D skyactiv. When dropping off the car, I said politely that if it is what I think it is then I think it should be repaired under warranty and the service guy said 'You think it is the exhaust pressure sensor?" which indicates to me they get more then their fair share of these.

Anyway the extra information I wanted to add is that on picking up the car a different service guy said that it is a different/new part that has been fitted and that Mazda have extended the warranty on the original part to 10 years/200000km. (Probably a condition on being allowed to not have to do a recall for a known issue) As a result the repair was completely under warranty at no cost to me. ( This is Mazda Australia for anyone interested)

Many thanks to those before me who contributed to this forum with the information that I needed to diagnose it quickly.

Upvote 0
Hi All, Not so much for the original requester, but for others who come searching for the same reason. My 2017 CX-5 2.2D skyactiv had the Check engine light come on and a loss of power. The OBD-II scan presented code "2262 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected" Based on the comments here I took it to the Mazda service centre armed with the information that this is a very common issue for the 2.2D skyactiv. When dropping off the car, I said politely that if it is what I think it is then I think it should be repaired under warranty and the service guy said 'You think it is the exhaust pressure sensor?" which indicates to me they get more then their fair share of these.

Anyway the extra information I wanted to add is that on picking up the car a different service guy said that it is a different/new part that has been fitted and that Mazda have extended the warranty on the original part to 10 years/200000km. (Probably a condition on being allowed to not have to do a recall for a known issue) As a result the repair was completely under warranty at no cost to me. ( This is Mazda Australia for anyone interested)

Many thanks to those before me who contributed to this forum with the information that I needed to diagnose it quickly.
Thanks for the report. I guess the next thing you want to watch is the overheating without warning which could blow your cylinder head gasket on your 2.2L SkyActiv-D diesel. :unsure:

Upvote 0

Hi do you know which 1 it was they changed? I'm guessing it's the smaller 1 with the enhanced (now steel stem ) rather than hard plastic 1 ? Thanks I have same code with occasuonal lack of performance etc and flat spots. Cheers again

Upvote 0
01d84c637bdbcc730ede13ee8af130ad3be1874f40.jpg

This is the sensor that was replaced.. Yes this one has a steel stem going down to the exhaust manifold over the plastic one it replaced. Must be pretty hostile for electronics there. (Note that they added a adapter cable to match this sensor to the existing loom also.

Upvote 0
View attachment 303906

This is the sensor that was replaced.. Yes this one has a steel stem going down to the exhaust manifold over the plastic one it replaced. Must be pretty hostile for electronics there. (Note that they added a adapter cable to match this sensor to the existing loom also.
Thanks thi8ght so . C9de came up other week garagecreopaved 2 rear ones said they had carbon in them but this 1 in question not been changed . I to want to use compressed air to blow down the steel tube that the rubber hose connects to to be sure it's clear as they can also get blocked so I'm hoping to get ut today at some point and do it later ir better tomorrow at latest . Shouod be free as it's a common issue but it's not here in UK

Upvote 0
Back