Clunk/pop in drivers front wheel

Hey guys... another update.
so I changed the top hydraulic motor mount and the noise is still there. I thought for sure this would do it. Ugh I’m so burnt out on this. I can’t believe I can’t locate this clunk. My next peice is the sway bar bushings.
many other suggestions guys????

Really sucks when you have so much trouble.

Do you have any idea what the previous owner did to it?

I wonder if the noise is something screwy like a foreign object someplace you can't see. It looks like you've checked all the most logical things.

Hey guys... another update.
so I changed the top hydraulic motor mount and the noise is still there. I thought for sure this would do it. Ugh I’m so burnt out on this. I can’t believe I can’t locate this clunk. My next peice is the sway bar bushings.
many other suggestions guys????
I can't wait till you get those sway bar bushings replaced. That's still my bet...

I only have 55000 on mine so far so hopefully I have a little longer before I need to swap mine.

they are gonna be replaced... I got one and waiting for other. My Local parts supplier only had one and waiting on other to come fom eBay. I lost sleep last night.....

they are gonna be replaced... I got one and waiting for other. My Local parts supplier only had one and waiting on other to come fom eBay. I lost sleep last night.....

...well hopefully, after the bushings are replaced,it should drive like new now with everything you've done.

The thing is... it drove great but with a clunk. It does feel a bit better thought. I have a love - hate relationship with the vehicle. Love the car, hate the clunk.
things I have replaced....
Upper strut mount
Strut bearing
Strut ( KYB) kept factory spring
Lower control arm
Sway bar link( MOOG)
Top hydraulic motor mount
Sway bar bushings will be done this week

Ok fellas so another update on this problem.
so the first item I changed is the sway bar link on passenger side.So to even it out I changed the drivers side sway bar link and the sway bar bushings. Guess what?Clunk is STILL there!!!! Omg 😳 I have had it with this car. I have replaced every item on the passenger side front. Only thing I haven’t changed is the steering tie rod and end. It has no play though so it might be MORE MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN....ugh 😑

Ok fellas so I have a update on this....
So I retightened all of of the lower cowl bolts according to this TSB and it FIXED THE KNOCK NOISE!!!! It no longer makes the noise! Thank you mazdadude for the info!
Thank you so much! Problem solved!!!!
Oh that's so good to hear thank you for reporting back this will help others

Back