Climate control AUTO ON issue

grzesiuskow

:
2010 GT AWD
Every time i hit the AUTO button on climate control it turns on Recirculated Air option, is it normal?
I have a Caddie and jeep and neither of them do this when i hit Auto climate button, seems strange behavior on Mazda.

I agree, I currently have a 4Runner that does this based on the temperature difference. If you're calling for 72 and the car has been baking in the sun it will turn the fan on high and recirculate to cool down faster. On the 4Runner at least it will turn off recirculate as soon as the temp drops. Is that what the CX9 does?

Trading in my 4Runner for a CX-9 this week if the dealers are willing to work on price...

Nope, it turns on recirculate, but then in never turns it off, you have to manually hit the button to turn it off.

My CX-7 does it too, but I think the thinking behind it is that eventually its easier on the system to keep the interrior cool air cool, than to try and cool the warm air from outside. also, it removes the moisture from the air from your breathing.

Thought about this post this morning. Outside temperature was 74 and the climate control was set to auto and 72. At start up, recirculate was active and after a few minutes, the recirculate shut itself off. My guess is that when the interior temperature setting is close to the outside temp, recirculating is not needed. When there is a greater temperature difference, it seems that recirculate is always on.

AFAIK, the recirculating mode should switch off to let outside air in when
internal temp reaches to a point much closer to set temp.
That should be normal.

recirc allows the car to cool faster, so if you use the auto feature it will use that to get to your setpoint faster.

if the car is really hot inside, it will cool even faster if you leave the window down for a minute or so to get the really hot air circulating out.

Back