2017~2024 clear service reminder?

View attachment 219895View attachment 219896View attachment 219897I am having the same issue, I did my own oil change and reset the oil and rotation via the infotainment system. Everything was fine for about 2000 miles and now I'm getting "service past due 0 miles" Is the service being tracked via infotainment system and via dashboard computers separately? I never reset via the instrument cluster, I reset mine via the infotainment. When I turn on the car, it gives me the "service past due 0 miles" for about 20 seconds then changes to match was the infotainment system says. Is the computer just slow to read the info?

I just completed the first DIY oil change and tire rotation on my 19 Touring/PP and am experiencing this same exact thing! I have tried everything and the SERVICE PAST DUE 0 MILES (Orange wrench) still shows up..for the life of me I can't figure it out! Tried the "reset" thru infotainment with the ignition in the on position as well as the accessory position. Also tried the gauge cluster knob trick...nothing, nada!

For the time being, I think I've managed to at least keep it from showing up. In the vehicle status/maintenance app I've turned off the "scheduled maintenance" and the "tire rotation" options. The only maintenance item to monitor is the oil change interval. IT doesn't appear you can turn that one off.

Anyway...so far so good...about six short trips around town and no orange wrench service past due warning.

attachment.php
View attachment 219895
attachment.php
View attachment 219896
attachment.php
View attachment 219897I am having the same issue, I did my own oil change and reset the oil and rotation via the infotainment system. Everything was fine for about 2000 miles and now I'm getting "service past due 0 miles" Is the service being tracked via infotainment system and via dashboard computers separately? I never reset via the instrument cluster, I reset mine via the infotainment. When I turn on the car, it gives me the "service past due 0 miles" for about 20 seconds then changes to match was the infotainment system says. Is the computer just slow to read the info?
I just completed the first DIY oil change and tire rotation on my 19 Touring/PP and am experiencing this same exact thing! I have tried everything and the SERVICE PAST DUE 0 MILES (Orange wrench) still shows up..for the life of me I can't figure it out! Tried the "reset" thru infotainment with the ignition in the on position as well as the accessory position. Also tried the gauge cluster knob trick...nothing, nada!

For the time being, I think I've managed to at least keep it from showing up. In the vehicle status/maintenance app I've turned off the "scheduled maintenance" and the "tire rotation" options. The only maintenance item to monitor is the oil change interval. IT doesn't appear you can turn that one off.

Anyway...so far so good...about six short trips around town and no orange wrench service past due warning.
When you see Service Due or Service Past Due message, its from the first item Scheduled under Maintenance Menu. You select Scheduled and do a reset in there, and this message should be gone, although it has been turned off. If the third Oil Change has reached the scheduled miles, itll display Oil Change Due or Oil Change Past Due message.

All 3 maintenance items: Scheduled、Tire Rotation、and Oil Change have their own counter to calculate the due time. And you need to do reset for each of them when the notification is on from each maintenance item.

Theres a TSB to fix problems of resetting and inaccurate calculation for Flexible Oil Changr Interval. A revised PCM software needs to be loaded for the TSB.

There*s a TSB to fix problems of resetting and inaccurate calculation for Flexible Oil Changr Interval. A revised PCM software needs to be loaded for the TSB.

Can you post the TSB or a link to it?

And here's another TSB for gen-2 CX-5. Apparently this time the Connectivity Master Unit (CMU) firmware needs to be updated.

TSB 09-037/18 - OIL MAINTENANCE MONITOR RESET CONCERNS

Bulletin No.: 09-037/18 said:
DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles equipped with MAZDA CONNECT may exhibit the following oil maintenance monitor concerns on the center display:

• The wrench light (Oil Change Due message) cannot be cleared using MAZDA CONNECT/Applications/Vehicle Status Monitor/Maintenance reset menu.
  • The wrench light (Oil Change Due message) is displayed before the oil change is due.

This is caused by only one reset procedure being performed when the oil is changed, usually using the center display. Two reset procedures are required, one is using the trip meter switch to reset the powertrain control module (PCM) and the other is using the center display to reset the connectivity master unit (CMU).

To correct this issue, the CMU software has been modified so that the oil maintenance monitor reset operation on the center display resets both the CMU and the PCM at the same time. With this change, the reset operation using the trip meter switch is now unnecessary.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
2. Update the software version of the CMU to Ver. 70.00.100A or later according to MAZDA CONNECT UPDATE PROCEDURE on MGSS.
3. Verify repair.

Did you notice that this one is for Canada spec models ONLY ? Does not apply to U.S. spec models.
This TSB 09-037/18 is issued officially by Mazda North American Operations for USA market, not by Mazda Canada for Canadian market. Further, this TSB is the resolution MNAO submitted to NHTSA for complaints to the oil maintenance monitor reset problem from USA CX-5 owners. I believe the Canada spec. only is the wordings MNAO overlooked to delete them from a Canadian copy.

When you see *Service Due* or *Service Past Due* message, it*s from the first item *Scheduled* under Maintenance Menu. You select *Scheduled* and do a reset in there, and this message should be gone, although it has been turned off.

Yep...tried that and had no luck. The only thing so far that hS kept the "service past due 0 miles" warning at startup has been disabling the "scheduled" maintenance.

Thanks for the TSB links...very, very useful information!

Yeah, my dealer had everything set to 5,000 mile intervals, because dealer. I immediately set the Oil Interval to flexible and the Tire Rotation and Scheduled Maintenance intervals to 7500 miles. After my first appointment at 7300 ish miles, I continued to see the "Service Past Due" message even thought the dealer had reset all three tabs (and again, changed the intervals to 5,000 miles, because dealer...).

I don't know what to tell you, yrwei52. Either I'm an idiot or my Mazda needs an ECM update.
I am having a similar issue on my 2019 Touring with Preferred Package. When starting the car I get the Service Past Due 0 miles message. The Infotainment system says none of the 3 items are due for service.
Big mystery. Will ask the dealer during my next service, in the meantime I want to see if someone has an answer.

I am having a similar issue on my 2019 Touring with Preferred Package. When starting the car I get the Service Past Due 0 miles message. The Infotainment system says none of the 3 items are due for service.
Big mystery. Will ask the dealer during my next service, in the meantime I want to see if someone has an answer.
You need to perform the TSB 09-037/18 I mentioned above. Print the TSB and show it to your Mazda dealer at your next visit.

You need to perform the TSB 09-037/18 I mentioned above. Print the TSB and show it to your Mazda dealer at your next visit.
Thanks again for pointing me to that TSB. My CMU was updated to version 70.00.335 when I took it in for my first oil change. I suppose they did the oil change first and then the CMU.
In any event, I just reset the oil change settings and seems to have cleared up the issue. Hopefully the issue will not come back.

Thanks again for pointing me to that TSB. My CMU was updated to version 70.00.335 when I took it in for my first oil change. I suppose they did the oil change first and then the CMU.
In any event, I just reset the oil change settings and seems to have cleared up the issue. Hopefully the issue will not come back.
Service Past Due 0 miles.jpg

Spoke too soon. Message is back.

View attachment 222017
Spoke too soon. Message is back.
I believe you need newer version of CMU base on the TSB although your current CMU version seems to be good. You may need newer version of PCM too as specified in an earlier TSB. In any event you should bring this issue and TSB up to your Mazda dealer and let them fix it under warranty.

Having the same issue. Did the oil change and tire rotation back in early Nov, and reset the indicators. Reset again in Dec. My wife still says she occasionally sees the Service message when she starts. I didn't see a TSB for a 2019 CX5, so I doubt the dealer will act on them.

Having the same issue. Did the oil change and tire rotation back in early Nov, and reset the indicators. Reset again in Dec. My wife still says she occasionally sees the Service message when she starts. I didn't see a TSB for a 2019 CX5, so I doubt the dealer will act on them.
Yes the TSB doesn’t include 2019 CX-5 but it does on 2019 CX-3 and MX-5. But mainly it’s the CMU version whether it’s up to date. Distinguish the different messages between “Service Past Due” and “Oil Change Past Due”. And make sure to reset both “Scheduled” and “Oil Change” tabs under “Maintenance”. If everything failed, do take your CX-5 to your Mazda dealer trying to fix the problem with printed copy of the TSB. The Mazda dealer should fix such problem under new car warranty.

Just noticed the message of yours is “Service Past Due”, not “Oil Change Past Due”. Have you reset the first tab “Scheduled” under “Maintenance”?
After resetting "Scheduled" under "Maintenance" the problem seems to be fixed. For good this time, I hope.
Thanks again for your help.

Back