Cleaning LCD screen

V
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Hello,

What do you all use to clean the fingerprints on your touchscreens? Does glass cleaner work ok, or do I want to be using an LCD cleaner?

Just curious what you guys all use.

Thanks!

V
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
TurtleWax Dash and Glass Cleaner with a microfiber towel. Takes crap right off and doesnt leave residue.

erhayes

Contributor
V
Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring
I use a little bottle of eye classes cleaner. Be very careful about using just any cleaner as some will etch the plastic.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
L
Canada
V
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hello,

What do you all use to clean the fingerprints on your touchscreens? Does glass cleaner work ok, or do I want to be using an LCD cleaner?

Just curious what you guys all use.

Thanks!
I would just use warm water and a microfiber towel. Some of the cleaners out there are strong enough to chemically etch the finish on the screen.

V
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I don't use any cleaners. A dry eyeglass wiper does a fine job of cleaning the screen and I store it in the console.

V
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
For what its worth, 7 years and no etching. Thats with cleaning about once every three months.

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
L
State of Jefferson
V
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Clean it just like your phone or your glasses. A dry soft cloth or lens tissue should do it unless you touch with exceptionally dirty fingers. A soft cloth with water if that doesn't work. Lens cleaning solution as a last resort.

Avoidin Deer

Central Virginia
Contributor
V
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I put a glass screen saver on mine, as recommended by a member here.

$11 at Amazon.

The pics on the site are weird...they don't show the screen saver actually mounted on the screen. It fits fine.

Latest threads

Latest resources