Chip Foose Wins 2005 Ridler Award At Detroits Autorama

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
Chip Foose Wins 2005 Ridler Award At Detroits Autorama

<TABLE id=PageTable height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=830 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=750 background=images/maintable_back.gif><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=750 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=570 bgColor=#ffffff height="100%"><TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=570 height=237>
press3.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=570 height="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=570 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=15 rowSpan=7>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=543>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD width=12 rowSpan=7>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=570>
header_pressreleases.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=570>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=570>
hr_main_330.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=570>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=543>

<!-- Content Starts Here --><CENTER>CHIP FOOSE WINS 2005 RIDLER AWARD AT DETROITS AUTORAMA
Foose Design Sculpts Exquisite 36 Ford Roadster to Grab
Best of Show Honors for Third Time in Four Years

</CENTER>

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., (March 8, 2005) Legendary hot rod designer and fabricator Chip Foose captured the Don Ridler Memorial Award for an amazing third time in the last four years at the 53rd AutoRama at Detroits Cobo Hall. Foose was honored with the prestigious award, one of the most coveted trophies on the show car circuit, for his incredible interpretation of Impression a 1936 Ford Roadster belonging to Ken Reister of Littleton, Colorado.

The winning street rod, sculpted in shades of silver, charcoal, and cream, powered through the competition at this years event, which featured more than 900 custom cars and motorcycles. More than 12,000 hours were spent carefully installing the 20,000+ intricate parts including:

• Teardrop headlights with subtle eyebrow distinctions
  • Sweeping bodywork reminiscent of a vintage Jaguar
  • Taillights incorporating Fords vintage V8 logo
  • Interior chrome and leather details
We spent the last few weeks just cranking to get this car finished in time, says Chip Foose of Foose Design. I literally moved into our fabrication shop, so Id be on site 24 hours a day to make sure that every detail of this cars build was perfect. I am proud of my crew for their hard work and dedication to detail that helped make this victory a reality for me and for Ken.

Foose won his first Ridler Award in 2002 for his work on Bob and Wes Rydells 35 Grand Master, and was victorious again in 2003 with Ron Whitesides 34 Mercury Monarch Stallion. Founded in 1998, Foose Design is an automotive and product Development Company headquartered in Huntington Beach , Calif. Chip Foose and his Foose Design team can be seen on the popular new Discovery Channel series Overhaulin that airs weekly on TLC. For more info, visit the company web site at www.chipfoose.com.</SPAN> <!-- Content Ends Here -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=543>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><MAP id=pushtopic1 name=pushtopic1><AREA shape=RECT coords=8,48,98,64 href="Detail.aspx?CatID=21"></MAP><MAP id=pushtopic2 name=pushtopic2><AREA shape=RECT coords=7,44,98,61 href="Detail.aspx?CatID=24"></MAP><MAP id=pushtopic3 name=pushtopic3><AREA shape=RECT coords=8,45,98,62 href="detail.aspx?CatID=25&id=60"></MAP><!-- RIGHT CONTENT ENDS --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD id=FooterCell vAlign=top><!-- Footer Start -->http://www.chipfoose.com/profile2.aspx</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width=78 background=images/right_back.gif>
pixel.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That's cool. I still wonder what all the drama is between Foose and Coddington. I know foose worked for coddington , and they parted on bad terms.

yeah, that's exactly what happened between them. if you watch both overhaulin and american hot rod, it's clear who the better boss is.. foose just knows what he's doing a lot more.. boyd is kind of an idiot and fired his best body shop guy because he wanted to paint one car for foose

Everytime I watch American Hot Rod, I am expecting to see Boyd's shop self-destruct. No doubt they do great work, but Boyd doesn't seem to be a very good employer. Also, he doesn't seem to be much more than an idea guy as he doesn't seem to get his hands dirty very often. Chip, on the other hand, can do everything and he seems to be a decent guy. My wife was an art major and has partially completed her degree in Architecture, but she has no interest in cars other than the finished product. However, she will sit down and watch Chip create something because she sees him as an artist rather than a mechanic or shop boss. She can relate to his creativity. I told her that we need to find a wreck so that we can have it overhauled...LOL!

Of the two, I think that Chip is much more deserving of the award, all things considered.

R

Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more experienced guy. Foose is a guy I'd like to have a beer with.

Wish he'd stop putting 20s on muscle cars, though.

foose is the man...so much more creativity and originatlity in his cars than anything Ive seen...oh yeah, and I like the 20s ;)

seanmcsean said:
yeah, that's exactly what happened between them. if you watch both overhaulin and american hot rod, it's clear who the better boss is.. foose just knows what he's doing a lot more.. boyd is kind of an idiot and fired his best body shop guy because he wanted to paint one car for foose

seriously boyd is a complete moron. The only reason I dont watch that show is cause of him.

HOLY OLD THREAD REVIVAL!!!

also, I'm pretty sure foose would never touch an msp.. ever.

I was watching a special on TLC about "Impression" a couple weeks ago. At the end, they were going around to the other "Great 8" competitors. I knew one of the guys, Michael Hughes. I used to go to church with him. His basement was full of cars. Apparently he's really good friends with Chip. So I know someone that knows Chip Foose. Yay me.

silverspeed03 said:
Why not, Ive seen some pretty avg. cars on Overhaulin.
one of them was a civic, that's the only non-american car they've ever done. i'd imagine their second wouldn't be a normal looking 4 door commuter car with limited aftermarket. they like building muscle cars and hot rods, it's what they do best

Back