• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Changing the units on the trip computer

Does anyone how to change the displayed units of the trip computer i.e. for average fuel economy mode L/100km to L/100 mile or MPG?

Cheers
 
:
Mazda3
hit the set button.

clock to go to the time.

then set to go back to the DIS. keep hitting set to cycle through it
 

MM3Canuck

User is registered
:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
utopia said:
hit the set button.

clock to go to the time.

then set to go back to the DIS. keep hitting set to cycle through it

Yup, it is also explained in the manual!!
 
That does NOT change the units from metric to imperial, which is what the original poster was asking!!! It also does not tell how to change the units in the manual.

Anyone with an answer to the original question?
 

B1GHAM

Unrecovering Boost Addict
:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege Laser Blue Mica #2729
hmmmm....

the AMB button changes the temp reading from Fahrenheit to celsius... maybe it also changes the trip? Holding the AMB button until it beeps will perform this switch.

or maybe its as simple as holding the info button until it beeps? I can try it out on a car here, just not at this very moment.
 

MM3Canuck

User is registered
:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
Boother said:
That does NOT change the units from metric to imperial, which is what the original poster was asking!!! It also does not tell how to change the units in the manual.

Anyone with an answer to the original question?

I am a 110% that it does. I will look into it tomorrow and post again with news.
 
Last edited:
MM3Canuck said:
I am a 110% that it does. I will look into it tomorrow and post again with news.
I am 110% sure that it DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO CHANGE FROM METRIC TO IMPERIAL UNITS FOR THE DIS.

It does say how to change the Ambient and interior temperatures to Farenheit (by pressing the power/volume and media buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, NOT by holding the AMB button), but that is all.

If you happen to find some place hidden in the manual, then let us know, but I am sure it is not in there.
 

MM3Canuck

User is registered
:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
Boother said:
I am 110% sure that it DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO CHANGE FROM METRIC TO IMPERIAL UNITS FOR THE DIS.

It does say how to change the Ambient and interior temperatures to Farenheit (by pressing the power/volume and media buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, NOT by holding the AMB button), but that is all.

If you happen to find some place hidden in the manual, then let us know, but I am sure it is not in there.
You are RIGHT, I would have bet money on that! I guess I mixed it up with the Celcius to Fahrenheit.

I called Mazda, and they are getting back to me, with hopefully some news on how to perform the change.
 

major error

The ghost in the machine
:
07 Mazda 3 GTS HB
B1GHAM said:
or maybe its as simple as holding the info button until it beeps? I can try it out on a car here, just not at this very moment.
This will reset whichever history is being displayed at the time (avg speed or avg fuel use)...
 

MM3Canuck

User is registered
:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
Mazda got back to me, this is what they wrote:

Mr. Dennis,

We appreciate your interest in Mazda. We encourage customer correspondence and are pleased to be of assistance when possible.

We regret to inform you that it is not possible to change displayed units of the trip computer on the Mazda3 to miles or MPG. As you may be aware, our vehicles are specifically designed for the Canadian market. In order to be competitive on the Canadian market, the features and prices offered on Mazda vehicles sold in Canada have been selected according to our study of the Canadian market.

We trust that the above information clarifies your concerns.

Regards,

Customer Relations
Mazda Canada Inc.
55 Vogell Rd.
Richmond hill, ON
L4B 3K5
www.mazda.ca

I assume, that it would be the same for the US model.
 
MM3Canuck said:
Mazda got back to me, this is what they wrote:

I assume, that it would be the same for the US model.
That is BS. There are imperial units built into the display already and it would cost nothing to select between metric and imperial.
 

MM3Canuck

User is registered
:
2007 Mazda3 GT, Galaxy Grey
Boother said:
That is BS. There are imperial units built into the display already and it would cost nothing to select between metric and imperial.

I noticed that too, I had a close look at the display, and you can see C and F. I will send Mazda US an email as well and see what they say.
 
hey guys. Mine is 15 6T. cluster only has Imperial which is no use for me. I need Metric. So after some search I realized if I go to Acc/engine in headunot press Power + seek fwd, and input code 15 and enter , I can see the speed in km/h. this implies that data based on metric is driven. now if I input 85 and enter, I go to another screen named register edit which I believe is the key section to change the units and other options by modifying the strings and writing into PROM. I'm pretty sure Mazda has the codes and don't provide to customers
 
Top