Cell Phone Integration

trucx

:
Mazda CX-5
Reading through all the posts here I was looking at options to better integrate my cell phone (android) with the CX-5. I have the touchscreen HU, but without NAV, and I don't have any music on a USB stick, so I don't have any of the complaints that I'm seeing here. My issue is if I want to use Nav on my cell with Google Maps and I'm listening to FM radio, but have bluetooth connected I won't hear any directions from my phone. The other issue is that the cell phone stuck on the dashboard isn't really usable while driving.

Going by the wiring diagram from RedBaron here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ket-Backup-Camera-with-Mazda-OEM-Screen/page2 is there any chance that the NAV is attached through composite video and audio? Would love to be able to integrate something like the mimicsx2 posted by ikerg here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123827120-Just-a-dream/page2

A Nexus 7 connected through bluetooth would solve most problems if I ignored FM radio and just listened to my local stations through internet radio, but then the issue is where can I install it so that I can access it, not block the screen so I can still see my rearview camera, and not have to worry about my car getting broken into by someone who wants the Nexus 7.

I was not aware that my cell phone with google maps could be used with the unit on the dash. I also have the touch screen but, without NAV. How is this accomplished? Ed

Sorry, I may have been a little unclear on this. Currently I'm using my cell phone as a GPS and have it mounted to a dash mount (Tetrax). The only thing that the Touch Screen does is play the sound from the GPS when I'm in bluetooth mode for the audio. This is fine if I'm listening to TuneIn radio or music on my cell phone since google maps will override with it's voice guidance. The same is true for when I'm in a phone call, the voice guidance comes on over my phone call. To be clear, any inputting of directions, and viewing of the maps is on the phone itself which is the problem I have since it's a 4.3" screen so not easy to interact with.

What I would like is for google maps and internet radio services off my cell phone to be shown and controlled on the Mazda touchscreen. There is a product which seems to do this called the mimicsx2 and you can watch the video here http://www.customgadz.com/store/ The problem is I don't think anyone knows if this is compatible with the CX-5 or not, ikerg seems to be looking into it, and you can follow that post which I linked to in my original post. I'm just hoping someone here knows what wires are used for the NAV and if it can be easily integrated, or even if we can install a Raspberry Pi or equivalent running Android (not sure how stable these are yet).

Hope that clears things up!

Hi trucx
I finally desisted on going through the mimicsx2 as i did not find additional information regarding compatibility.
My next move will be replacing the stereo by an android based one in which i could do mirroring with my android phone.
People of roadrovers have one. The first version has no mirroring feature (currently is being sold in Russia), but they are improving the features to 1gb ram, android 4.X and the exclusive mirroring feature.
I am wating for a sample when they have the updted version available

Last edited:
I read through your post (obviously since I linked to it here) and the roadrover one looks nice, but worries me a bit since I don't think the company would have much support here if anything goes wrong. This would be the same issue for the mimics, but at least with the mimics if it stops working the rest of my radio is fine, so it's not too big of a deal. If I replace the HU I think I would just go with the Parrott Asteroid Smart, which I might do, but they seem to still be having a few glitches they're working through, and you would lose the ability to adjust settings of the car which roadrover seems to keep. What happened to the WondeProud product you inquired about? It seems like they were willing to have you test it out from the email you posted. This seems more like a product that would do what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Back