CBE (kinda sorta) Question

:
Mazdaspeed
I've searched for this everywhere but can't find an answer at all, let alone a Mazdaspeed specific one. I currently have a catless DP, and love the sound. My wife never noticed the change so it has never bothered her or my toddler. This is important to me as we take my car everywhere we go. Needless to say I don't want any of the CBE's offered on the market, not for quality/performance purposes, simply because I don't want any volume increase.

This leads me to my question. Would there be any benefit from replacing the stock piping from the downpipe exit to the stock mufflers entrance with 3" tubing? I have a family friend who works at a muffler shop, who would likely do the work for just "price of parts" and small tip. So for $50ish I would have 3" running from the turbo the rear of the car. I was thinking this would free up a "little" bit of flow while not altering the tone/volume by retaining the oem mufflers. Thoughts?

i know this is really old.its not gonna flow any better because youre still bottlenecked at that factory muffler entrance. the only good way i can think of it is putting an electronic cutout right after the dp and if you wanna go, just open it up, otherwise, have the dp running to factory exhaust. just my .02

Back