Catastrophic CX-5 Crash - Driver Walks Away

:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
I've watched his channel before. He has some interesting first person view recovery work.

Good to see all that energy being dissipated throwing parts around so occupants have a better outcome.

Thanks for sharing :)

Woman drives into a parked construction vehicle on the interstate at ~70 MPH.
Entire engine ripped completely out of vehicle.
Woman walks away with no injuries.

Skip to the 7:50 mark of the video.
Car-Splosion
That was really amazing - and super interesting! I've never seen anything like that before, thanks for sharing.

Antoine

Administrator
Wow! Clearly the CX-5 sacrificed itself to save the driver (well it's designed to and DID)...Unbelievable, never saw half a wheel!

Thanks for the share, wasn't aware of this channel and who doesn't love heavy duty machinery. (y)

:
2016 Mazda, CX-5 GT
A few years back when we had our 2014 CX5 a girl made a left turn in front of us while we were doing 45 mph. The engine was pushed into the firewall and the "frame" was bent. However, I walked away with only a cut on my arm from the air bag and my wife had a hernia from the seatbelt. Other than that we were fine.
After the crash I went out and bought a 2016 CX5GT. Why? Because the car really did it's job protecting us. Today, our 2016 has provided us 122K miles of trouble free driving. We also have a 2019 Mazda 3 my son drives.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I assume that they secured all the loose debris that was just thrown on the flat bed off camera?

This is a positive outcome just the same. Always glad to see someone live through this, even more so that they walked away. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
@CAB1 , not all CX 5 were equipped with those safety systems. I didn't notice anything in the video that I could tell either way if it was or was not.

If someone is bored, they could use information from the video ( approximate date, location) to look up public state crash report information and probably find out the particulars of the crash.

Could turn it into a M247 investigative contest ... Whomever finds the crash report first and posts a clicky gets a hands clappy emoticon :)

Last edited:
:
2018 CX5
As he pulls the engine off the road onto his truck, the oil filter can be seen and looks fine! Crazy crash. Happy to hear driver survived!

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
A few years back when we had our 2014 CX5 a girl made a left turn in front of us while we were doing 45 mph. The engine was pushed into the firewall and the "frame" was bent. However, I walked away with only a cut on my arm from the air bag and my wife had a hernia from the seatbelt. Other than that we were fine.
After the crash I went out and bought a 2016 CX5GT. Why? Because the car really did it's job protecting us. Today, our 2016 has provided us 122K miles of trouble free driving. We also have a 2019 Mazda 3 my son drives.
My 2019 GTR was rear-ended & totaled 4 months in (same color as the CX-5 in the video). My son & I walked away with bumps & bruises. I replaced it with it's clone for the same reasons mentioned. My son joked that my first GTR could be buffed right out. I sent him the link to that video & he said "That's not going to buff out". My son also drives a Mazda 3 which prior to our CX-5 incident was broadsided & totaled. He also replaced his with it's clone.

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
My 2019 GTR was rear-ended & totaled 4 months in (same color as the CX-5 in the video). My son & I walked away with bumps & bruises. I replaced it with it's clone for the same reasons mentioned. My son joked that my first GTR could be buffed right out. I sent him the link to that video & he said "That's not going to buff out". My son also drives a Mazda 3 which prior to our CX-5 incident was broadsided & totaled. He also replaced his with it's clone.
I know Mazda really likes repeat customers, but have you ever considered just selling your vehicles instead of what you do to them? Just asking? :cool: