Carbon edition wheels

:
East Iowa
:
2019 CX-5 GTR
I haven't contacted any dealer about this, thought I'd ask about it on here first. Really loving the carbon edition wheels on the '21. I think they'd look perfect on my white GTR. Has anyone ever purchased wheels from a different trim for a dealer and about how much did it cost? Or can dealers even do that considering the factory wheels just come with the car from the factory?

Plenty of people have purchased wheels from a different trim. The parts counter person will order anything you want and gladly sell it to you. From any custom badges to wheels. Of course the used market is gonna be a tad cheaper but with a new wheel like the Carbon Edition Wheels on the 2021 not many used options yet.

The knowledge sharing document has some common wheel part numbers already.

If you chat up your local dealer for the Carbon Edition wheel be sure to share the knowledge.

Please note for some special editions there is a parts embargo (you can't get the parts without a VIN) but this is normally limited to about 6 months of initial release and then the parts are readily available. The manufactures do this to help build hype around the special editions and to help avoid build fakes.

Aren't they simply the same 19" wheels from other upper level trims painted black? Seems it would be a lot cheaper just to have your GTR wheels painted. Looks like gloss black in the photos, but I'm not sure. Whatever - go your own way on that.

For example, my niece's hubby owns a wheel refurb business*. I think he charges $125 per wheel including re-paint. So $500 a set/4. Might even be a bit less if no curb rash repair or wheel truing is involved (or could DIY). Powder coating is more, though, because he has to send them out for that.

* (Atlanta, GA - not near you, not soliciting for him)

I haven't contacted any dealer about this, thought I'd ask about it on here first. Really loving the carbon edition wheels on the '21. I think they'd look perfect on my white GTR. Has anyone ever purchased wheels from a different trim for a dealer and about how much did it cost? Or can dealers even do that considering the factory wheels just come with the car from the factory?

@NathanH Have you found your carbon-edition rims?

@NathanH Have you found your carbon-edition rims?
Bump.

I’m working with the dealer to replace the 19’s on my sig with the 19’s from the CE turbo. They just bounced this image back to me. Can anyone help with the markings so they can help confirm the part #? My initial assumption was that it’s the bottom left image in black metallic, but I’d love to be wrong BEFORE making a transaction.

Dealer email:

markings needed to be checked inside of rim for correct part..

Attachments

• BE6ACC5B-1067-4CA1-A041-E8493432449D.png
    BE6ACC5B-1067-4CA1-A041-E8493432449D.png
    101 KB · Views: 167
Back