Cancelling the auto closing function of side mirrors

:
2019 Cx-9 GT
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in earlier threads....
I am not able to cancel this auto closing of the mirrors while locking the doors. I read the manual and followed the instructions but was not successful

Ignition off
Power window switch to lock
press passenger window switch and rear left/right power window switches for 3 sec or longer

This should do it but not for me....

Has anyone done this procedure.

BTW, how does opening and closing work in the winter when mirrors are covered in ice or snow?
Any issues with ice blocking mirrors while the motor forces it to move?

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in earlier threads....
I am not able to cancel this auto closing of the mirrors while locking the doors. I read the manual and followed the instructions but was not successful

Ignition off
Power window switch to lock
press passenger window switch and rear left/right power window switches for 3 sec or longer

This should do it but not for me....

Has anyone done this procedure.

Snow and ice build up would be a good reason to switch the feature off.

I think your first step is wrong. The ignition need to be *on*. Also, make sure you *press* the switches and not *pull*. From the user manual:

Canceling the automatic folding function
To cancel the automatic folding function, carry out the following procedure using the master control switches.
Switch the ignition ON.
If the power window lock switch is in the unlock position, switch it to the lock position.
Press and hold the front passenger's power window switch and rear left/right power window switches on the driver's door at the same time for 3 seconds or longer.

Back