2013~2016 Can I upgrade my CX5 to have Navigtion?

mmitsch

We have a 2014 CX-5 AWD. There is a NAV button on the radio and I was wondering if there is some way to upgrade it to have Navigation capability (i.e. - by getting a module to plug into ther radio, etc.).

I attached a picture of the radio.

Mike IMG_0242.JPG

We have a 2014 CX-5 AWD. There is a NAV button on the radio and I was wondering if there is some way to upgrade it to have Navigation capability (i.e. - by getting a module to plug into ther radio, etc.).

MikeView attachment 221787
Yes, what you need is a module that replaces the cubby hole down to the left and below the steering wheel. Sometimes called a TOM TOM module since that is the manufacturer of the software. In addition to the SD card that goes into the TOM TOM navi module.

Most here would argue that this TOMTOM system is very outdated, and you are better off to use your phone.

Last edited:
Yes, what you need is a module that replaces the cubby hole down to the left and below the steering wheel. Sometimes called a TOM TOM module since that is the manufacturer of the software. In addition to the SD card that goes into the TOM TOM navi module.

Most here would argue that this TOMTOM system is very outdated, and you are better off to use your phone.

Thank you very much for the response! I REALLY appreciate it! I wonder if you might know the part number(s) I would need?

Thanks!

Mike

MikeView attachment 221787

It appears you can. Look to the left of the steering wheel to see if you have a cover with an SD card slot behind it. If so, you can buy the SD card, insert it and have Navigation. However, it is not worth it; I had the same system in my '15. It is clunky and the database has lots of errors and places that no longer exist. A nice Garmin LMT will give you a better experience and better accuracy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Back