Rickgs

:
2016 mazda cx5
Not sure how to get usb to run the script
using fat usb 16 gig
using tweak.sh
formatted fat 32
thanks.

I am interested too if someone has any pointers. I have tried two different flash drives, have tried reformatting them, and haven't had any luck applying them to my 2016 that I got fresh from the port 2 weeks ago that already had 55.753 on it.

try a smaller flash drive, 16GB ones reported as too large for the nav system in some posts
8 gb max for the version updates
tweaks only need 1gb or less really, it's only a few lines of code
use the v55.753_Apply_Tweaks_USB_Speed_Disclaimer_WiFi ones in the Index topic, coded for auto install or go back

do you have a link for the tweaks?

try a smaller flash drive, 16GB ones reported as too large for the nav system in some posts
8 gb max for the version updates
tweaks only need 1gb or less really, it's only a few lines of code
use the v55.753_Apply_Tweaks_USB_Speed_Disclaimer_WiFi ones in the Index topic, coded for auto install or go back

When on usb
what is the procedure.
Ex do you put usb in and front car or just press ignition.
Do you need to push down anything to get it to launch. etc...
Thank you in advance
this is the code I downloaded
#! /bin/sh
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
mount -o rw,remount /
chmod 755 /jci/gui/apps/system/js/systemApp.js
sed -i 's/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 3500/this._disclaimerTime.remaining = 100/g' /jci/gui/apps/system/js/systemApp.js
/jci/scripts/set_lvds_speed_restriction_config.sh disable
/jci/scripts/set_speed_restriction_config.sh disable

There is some issue or another with the Windows carriage return if you edit/save the file in notepad or some other program (the infortainment system is Unix- or Linux-based). If that's what you did then that's probably why it's not working.

no offense - but it's always better to go directly to the source - read some of the background so you understand the benefit & risks of what you're about to do
the infotainment index topic has all the links
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html

scroll down to the tweaks section, there's a link mid paragraph about instructions
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/1337690-post154.html
extract these files to a blank fat32 usb, plug it in, then turn on the car, after around 20 seconds, a window should appear saying the tweaks were applied, then after another few seconds a second window will say the data has been collected or something. Restart the CMU by holding Back+Nav+Mute for 10 seconds and WiFi should be enabled.

Always do a full FAT32 format on the USB stick before doing the tweaks. The "Quick" format is reported to cause problems. The full format takes considerably longer, but doing it this way I've had 100% success rate on both OS updates and applying tweaks to the system.

Back