Camber Kit for Speed6?

Qwik6

:
2001 Corvette coupe
Does anyone know where I can find a camber kit for the Speed6?

I found the adjustable ball joints but thats for only up to a 1.5" drop. My car is dropped 2.5-3" with TEIN springs.

Looks like im gonna need both the front and the rear.

well i'd see how far out your camber actually is. With adjustable balljoints you should be able to get back within spec. Even if you are lowered 2.5 inches. I rigged spring clamps on mine so i could see where my camber sat before i bought springs. I clamped them down so i had about 1.5-1.8 inches of drop, and put it up on the rack and my camber was barely still within spec. If you do the balljoints and still can't get within spec... get different springs.

Ill order the tires online an see if i can have a tire shop install them an check my alagnment. I already had one shop throw my some bs. Sayin they can only align the toe and that i must have a camber kit for them to even adjust that.

rear camber is adjustable from the factory as well as rear toe. Front toe is the only adjustment on the front due to the style of strut the 6 is equipped with. The only way to adjust front camber is to buy adjustable balljoints.

could the tire being too wide for the rim add to this? Its got a 235 on a 7.5" rim. I wonder if going to a 225 would be a better choice.

heres what came off the drivers side front. passenger side isnt as bad
100_5386.jpg

I wonder if your toe was off so the wheel was pointing towards the left a bit? I had the same wear on both my front tires except on the outside edge because the toe was pointed in so I was kinda plowing with the tires.

Ill order the tires online an see if i can have a tire shop install them an check my alagnment. I already had one shop throw my some bs. Sayin they can only align the toe and that i must have a camber kit for them to even adjust that.

Um, sorry but they weren't throwing you "some bs". They told you the truth. The stock front suspension on the Mazda6 platform has NO adjustments for either caster or camber, only toe.

The only known aftermarket part(s) available to allow anything more than that are the SPC adjustable upper balljoints, which will allow beteween 1.5 and 3.0 degrees of camber adjustment in either direction.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=393&osCsid=7e724faf0c4cd4753436056b4cba7e19

There is no easy caster adjustment method except for some upper control arms released by Mazda as service replacement parts to correct customer complaints of pulling to one side or another.

Last edited:
I just ordered the ball joints from street unit today. Thanx for the info guys. But about the 7.5" wheel whats better a 225 or 235?

Ok the tires and ball joints were on my front door today. I ordered from discount tire and they beat any price i could find on the internet and had free shipping.

Im gonna put it in the shop next week and let you guys know how the ball joints work out.

Just got it back yesterday. Come to find out the camber was good just the toe was way off pointing the tires outward. I had them install the ball joints anyways. But before the front tires tucked in about half an inch and never had the front scrape. But now they stick out a hair past the fender and it scrapes on any dip I hit an highway speeds. To make that better anytime i accellerate fast at any speed the rear tires rub the rear fenders. So no more aggressive turns or hard accelleration :(

What is the offset on your wheels? There is a very good chance it is too small which would cause your rubbing. Mazda in their infinite wisdom uses high offset wheels which are almost impossible to find. When you install a wheel with less offset it pushes the outside rim closer to the fender. Having a wheel that is 1/2" wider than stock will make it worse.

If the shop that did your alignment didn't give you slight negative camber in front then you wasted your money on the adjustable ball joints. I have a set on mine, I don't have the numbers in front of me but IIRC it ended up with -1 to -1.5 in the front. Car handles great now.

Last edited:
Still... 235 is wide for a 7.5. I'd stick with a 225. I have an 8" wheel, using 225 tires.

I rub like crazy when I launch/push my car up to 4th gear sometimes even... Dropped on S Techs, so its about 2.5 front/1.9 rear. Front has plenty of clearance, NO camber kit needed. Rear needs one badly. Been almost a year now with S Techs,but I LOVE the look and stance of the car. I didn't know th rear camber was adjustable, can anyone explain what exactly needs to be done? I will be getting my alignment as soon as my coilovers are on, by this weekend hopefully.

Back