Burned out LEDs in the third (spoiler) brake light.

This is awesome. I liked that it's a smoked look as well...better than OEM. Thank you for posting this!!!

This is awesome. I liked that it's a smoked look as well...better than OEM. Thank you for posting this!!!

+1 and great find. The smoked is a nice subtle touch and a fraction of the price of the OEM counterpart. Added the link to my faves...just-in-case.

i have a stock one if you want it, name a price, it's just lay'n around my garage, so do me the favor. pm me if interested...

awesome find i need one of these baby's. and i like the look better than oem will definitely look into getting one of these.

Well just by going by the info on that site, it seems that the mazda6 and protege5 share the spoiler light, right up until and including the current gen mazda6.... another option someone should try out (2thumbs)

Last edited:
I love m247. I had an issue and I don't have to ask anyone about it at all. Just check what someone else has already blogged about it.

sub - I gotta check mine - I always just look for 2 red spots on my garage door for the main brake lights.

According to the link it was a 17.5" light, so looking through the current ones on the website I found this one: http://www.spoilerlights.com/spoilerlights/17-5-4-tab-sidewire-clear-spoiler-light/

It's also 17.5", it's clear and has the same 4 mounting tabs, and looks to be of a stronger material. The wire location moved, but I don't see why that would be an issue really. So someone can be the test guy and try that one.

Appreciate the reply. I deleted my post before yours since I figured out that the member purchased a 17.5" smoked. I actually emailed the company and they pointed me to this one:

http://www.spoilerlights.com/spoilerlights/17-25-4-tab-smoked-spoiler-light/

They confirmed that the 17.25" is the correct one for the P5 spoiler brake light. Their response:

The light is actually 17.25” so we changed the name because people were getting confused. It's the same light.

I went out and measured the stock light and it's 17" so who knows.

Last edited:
The link you posted is the correct one. Same exact one I have on my car right now. Fits fine just have to notch one of the holes very slightly to get the one bolt to go thru. Take 5 seconds with a file or dremel.

The link you posted is the correct one. Same exact one I have on my car right now. Fits fine just have to notch one of the holes very slightly to get the one bolt to go thru. Take 5 seconds with a file or dremel.

Cool...thanks for confirming.

Back