Bought 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD! $1000 off MSRP. Dealers selling for above sticker?

And no damn pictures...Wtf. In case no one has noticed...I really like pictures. Lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9ed907629972a07d1f3610a732127b21.jpg

Hopefully this sells quickly, I've posted it in all the military car sales groups around me

2bfc12ecd674b2e4c5b54a8ca22ea99d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

That's a ******* cool pic man. Using a real camera or phone?

congrats MiataMX5, you're the first person I've seen purchase a 2017.
now... about those pics... ;)

One thing I noticed in some of the interior pictures online, is that there is an actual TEMP GAUGE now...

Coolant Temperature Gauge

One thing I noticed in some of the interior pictures online, is that there is an actual TEMP GAUGE now...
It's a multiple function display, not a dedicated coolant temperature gauge like (cough、cough) 2017 Honda CR-V. The design of this multiple function display is the same as new CX-9, and most of time the display is the BMW style instant analog MPG gauge instead of coolant temp gauge.

Wouldn't it just display whatever you left it at like the 16 does?
Any pics of this 17 owners?

Congrats - I'm heading over tomorrow to get the same with a different color. The Touring + Preferred package really packs everything I'd like - except for adaptive headlights but not worth the jump to GT for that.

Taxes here are 10.6% however.

Congrats - I'm heading over tomorrow to get the same with a different color. The Touring + Preferred package really packs everything I'd like - except for adaptive headlights but not worth the jump to GT for that.

Taxes here are 10.6% however.

You sure? my 16 is a touring with everything, and it's the primary reason we are upgrading. Do it right the first time.

My progression from Sport to (eventually) GT has confirmed (at least to me) that doing it right the first time is probably the best way, especially for a sub 50k vehicle (including options).

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

You sure? my 16 is a touring with everything, and it's the primary reason we are upgrading. Do it right the first time.
My progression from Sport to (eventually) GT has confirmed (at least to me) that doing it right the first time is probably the best way, especially for a sub 50k vehicle (including options).

Yes - I own a Mazda 2010 GT with all packages. But compared to the 2016/2016.5 GT, there are very few things the 2017 Touring + Preferred package doesn't have that I'd like. Check out the spec sheet which shows the comparison between all the three models, what's standard and what's available as an add on. https://app.box.com/s/tea9v7cekf15eezhcc3vqd5ilt3trdy5

I couldn't justify the difference for the price.

Red Soul Touring w/ Preferred Package MSRP 29535
- GT - 32230 ($2695 diff)
- GT with Package - 34060 ($4495 diff)

I would probably get the Retractable cargo cover $250 and All weather mats (OEM or weathertech).

From what I can tell - the following things are available in 'GT or GT with package' compared to 'Touring with Preferred Package': [want] are the things I care about
- the iActiveSense package contents available in Touring (which are good but unfortunately, only one of the Touring packages can be applied at a time) - [want] smart brake support, [want] lane departure warning, [want] mazda radar cruise control, high beam control
- 19" wheels
- [want] Adaptive front lighting system
- LED daylight + taillight + fog lights
- Heated side mirrors (my current mazda3 has it but I somehow am not sure how beneficial they've been - and i live in a city that gets a lot of rain)
- Windshield De-icer [not much snow here]
- Heated steering wheel
- Leather seats (sort of a pain to clean with a kid - my mazda 3 Gt has them)
- [want] 2 position memory
- Heated rear seats
- Satellite radio
- active driving windshield type display
- different cool looking tire rims.

Last edited:
Congrats to all those getting 2017s,

just a suggestion, salesman probably will just offer the standard Mazda loyalty and military discounts....but probably will have more wiggle room on accessories,

I know mine did, he basically said I could have anything I wanted as long as it didn't have to go thru the service department for a work order. I got the retractable cargo cover, cargo liner, all weather mats, cargo net, wheel locks, even the towing eyebolt used during shipping, everything all for free......Wantagh Mazda in NY for those interested....

Also probably want to make sure all the accessories are available first, I recall new 2016 CX9 buyers were waiting forever for all weather mats to become in stock.

And first gen CX9 owners couldn't even buy the retractable cargo cover because it didn't fit due to the extra space the trunk motor took up, Mazda really screwed that one up.

What is the Mazda going interest rate for financing the 2017? 0.9% for 63 months ?

And how much is for the extended 100k warranty for the 2017?

Last edited:

just a suggestion, salesman probably will just offer the standard Mazda loyalty and military discounts....but probably will have more wiggle room on accessories,

I know mine did, he basically said I could have anything I wanted as long as it didn't have to go thru the service department for a work order. I got the retractable cargo cover, cargo liner, all weather mats, cargo net, wheel locks, even the towing eyebolt used during shipping, everything all for free......Wantagh Mazda in NY for those interested....

good tip !! thanks for sharing

Bought 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD! $1000 off MSRP. Dealers selling for above sticker?

⋯ But compared to the 2016/2016.5 GT, there are very few things the 2017 Touring + Preferred package doesn't have that I'd like.

I couldn't justify the difference for the price.

Red Soul Touring w/ Preferred Package MSRP 29535
- GT - 32230 ($2695 diff)
- GT with Package - 34060 ($4495 diff)
Apparently you did intensive research before you made your decision getting a Touring with Preferred Equipment Package on a 2017 CX-5. While I agree with boandlkramer that doing it right the first time is the best way, but if we really look at the price structure on 2017 CX-5, getting a Touring with almost-free $780 Preferred Equipment Package is definitely the best buy unless you REALLY want some features such as LED "Signature" DRLs、Leather-trimmed Seats、Heated Side Mirrors、or AFS. Or like me I really want 2-position Memory Drivers Seat which may force me to get a GT with expensive $1,830 Premium Package.

The eyebolt is not meant for towing. I tried to get one and found out yea...That should not be used for towing. Re: Matt's. I got Mazda's. I kind of hate them. Go for the weather tech.

The MID plus actual analog tach and speedo make for a much more readable display than the set up on the CR-V. Again, I make these claims based on my test drives of the 17 CX-5 yesterday and the 17 CR-V earlier this year. And the one simple info button on the CX-5 makes it much easier to access vital information than having to fumble with the ridiculously and distracting tiny buttons on the (cough, cough) 2017 Honda CR-V. This is just one of many examples of how the CR-V seems like it was rushed to market, while the Mazda team took a bit more time to ensure that they didn't deliver a compromised product.

It's a multiple function display, not a dedicated coolant temperature gauge like (cough、cough) 2017 Honda CR-V. The design of this multiple function display is the same as new CX-9, and most of time the display is the BMW style instant analog MPG gauge instead of coolant temp gauge.

Congrats to all those getting 2017s,

Also probably want to make sure all the accessories are available first, I recall new 2016 CX9 buyers were waiting forever for all weather mats to become in stock.

And first gen CX9 owners couldn't even buy the retractable cargo cover because it didn't fit due to the extra space the trunk motor took up, Mazda really screwed that one up.

What is the Mazda going interest rate for financing the 2017? 0.9% for 63 months ?

And how much is for the extended 100k warranty for the 2017?

Wow. Did you pay msrp for the car or less than that?

Sent from my cell phone

Back