Boring Daily Build

,... On a not so positive note, the rear driver's door lock won't unlock and lock remotely. The passenger rear used to not but the PO fixed it, but left both rear door panels not completely installed so I need to get...

I could see your oil burning being a root cause of the code.

The ECU allows for a bit of misfiring without throwing a misfire code.

If your combustion chambers are fouled you can get a buildup of deposits that decrease the volume and increase the compression, leading to misfires.

The PCV valve is cheap and easy to replace.
All that oil going through the exhaust can wreck your pre-cat and O2 sensors as well but there are codes for that which would most likely show up if they were bad.

Check your air filter too.
It isn't mentioned but I could see a dirty air filter affecting A/F ratios.

I replaced the PCV when I replaced the valve cover gasket, but could probably use replacing again.
I'll check the air filter it probably hasn't been touched in awhile.
PO replaced both cats, I'm not sure about O2 sensors though.

you can shake your PCV valve to check if the check valve is still working. if it doesn't appear to move freely then it's gunked up and time to replace it.

i haven't read everything to catch up on your thread yet but have you checked for vacuum leaks? the stock intake tube is a big offender where it tears around the crinkly area. the vacuum hoses are also getting old and crackly too i'm sure. i've had to replace quite a few

... the stock intake tube is a big offender where it tears around the crinkly area...

^^^What he said.

Yes I have.
I'll go check it today, if the rain stops, I kinda hope it's cracked lol.
I'll look at the air filter as well. Probably be placing a Rockauto order this week lol

Unfortunately no cracks. Air filter looks good enough but I’ll probably replace it when I resupply on oil. The TB looks to have been cleaned by the PO.
307A6C40-B01E-4F47-9D38-96DFB0D7FDAB.jpeg

I don't remember if you mentioned it earlier but have you cleaned your MAF sensor?

Make sure you use MAF cleaner. They are really delicate and other cleaners can damage it (like brake cleaner).

The MAF may be giving inaccurate info. to the ECU.

I replaced the plugs and cleared the code. Taking off from the first stop it stopped accelerating for about 3 seconds, gas pedal wouldn't do anything. I think my trans is going... Second stop idle seemed to be better, no vibrations. Third stop back to "normal". It vibrates like crazy when stopped and idling but if I put it in neutral it stops vibrating. I got a video but it's not super noticeable in the video. I'm thinking motor and/or trans mounts.
IMG_2063.jpg

It only happened for a couple seconds so I can't say for sure the RPM didn't go up. All I know is I wasn't moving lol

As far as I know, the gas pedal isn't mechanically connected to the throttle.

The gas pedal just has a "sensor" on it that talks to the ECU.

If it were me, I'd put half a can of Seafoam in the gas tank.
You could have partially fouled injectors.

Your combustion chambers are pretty fouled.

It's cheap and it can't hurt and can help clean out your combustion chambers.

I put a shot Seafoam in with my gas at every fill-up.
It helps keep things clean.

The other day I grabbed new bolts for the upper cat and one for the valve cover. I got all 3 bolts since the one I took out was pretty rough, however the threads where the bolt was missing seem to be screwed up in the cat. Now I've got to order one of the grommets for the valve cover. hopefully replacing the two exhaust gaskets goes well, that's next on the agenda. I've also got a can of seafoam to throw in next time I (half) fill up the tank. I've got like 4 oil changes lined up to do and then I can knock out some stuff and see if the Mazda will pass inspection 🤞

IMG_2154.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 135
Back