Boring Daily Build

They are all the same but different...

Get the cheap one and I'll help you connect it if it's not exact.

So just get the same one again? I can go out tomorrow and try plugging the new one into the VTCS and see if everything fits

Yeah, the VICS and VTCS valves are interchangeable.

It's the PRC and purge solenoid valves that are slightly different. (but still useable with simple modifications)

The strange thing is that the other ones, which look exactly the same, are as much as $77.

The plastic oval thing under the electrical connector is just an air filter.

You can just pull it off and plug it onto the other end of the solenoid to use the solenoid elsewhere on the car.

The electrical terminals may be spaced different so the connector won't fit but you just remove the metal tabs from the plastic connector with a pin then connect them directly to the terminals in the solenoid.

Haven't had a chance to do anything. I've got the new sensor to go on, I'll get that done today. Then oil change and inspection, not sure which will come first. I'm thinking 5w40 diesel oil would've been a better choice but I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

New VTCS is on. Drove for about 45 minutes. No CEL. No pending codes. Slide pins need greased. Both back brakes 80F front left 120F front right 200F.
There is a noticeable loss in power not sure why. Car does not like reverse, idle gets really rough, although I think it did that before I sold it. Steering is stiff, power steering fluid is overfilled not sure if there’s a correlation there.

0403D471-8166-40BC-8D3A-09790C96E3DF.jpeg

6A5AE201-2EB9-4B09-8171-4FFD38456897.jpeg

Is there a preferred lift point in the front to lift both front wheels vs lifting side to side?

Yeah, it's a rounded "nub" to fit the top of your jack.
It's on the cross member a little off-center towards the drivers side.

The lifting point of my jack is cup-shaped and it fits perfectly.

The car lifts up a little crooked because the lifting point is off-center.

Well that's good news... Sort of.

At least you don't have to redo your valve seals.

Yeah, although I’d rather do valve seals vs piston rings lol. Fingers crossed for diesel oil.

I’ll probably use dielectric grease to get me through inspection then I’ll order some before my next brake job. Added it to my cart.

Back