Boring Daily Build

His was mounted and looks professional.

I would suck at trying that.

I'd just use duct tape and silicone. Lol

If your phone is wifi or blue tooth, all you would need is some sort of dash mount and the power wire running to the phone to keep it charged.

You could do a half clean looking install.

And alarms are nice, .. you don't even need to see the screen.

Last edited:
If my math is correct I can get 3 oil changes out of this or almost 3.
Annotation 2020-03-02 104724.jpg

2.5 US gallons is 10 quarts.

10 ÷ 3 is 3.3 quarts including oil filter plus 1/2 quart of diesel fuel is 3.8 quarts.
So that's dead on.

You are using the diesel fuel right?

I'd save the liquimoly for the last flush.

Yes I am using diesel fuel as well.
I've already used the liquimoly before I changed the oil.
Theres actually a coupon too, so 2.5 gallons for $35.

I guess the 15W40 makes sense because you would have higher oil pressure which might help blow out the oil clots in your piston drain holes.

As long as your engine doesn't have a stroke or heart attack. Lol

Me too.

Since all the smoking cleared up after about a minute of driving, wouldn't that be a pretty good indicator that it's the piston rings?

Yes but oil draining down past the valve seals after a night of sitting would do the same thing.

Valve seals leak much slower.

Maybe a little more oil in the cylinder than yesterday but not much. I do think the spark plug hole gaskets that come with the valve cover gasket are leaking because the spark plug boots are wet as well as the spark plug threads.

C6408B28-8FA9-4134-81F4-669B973E3C1F.png

2D468DB0-ABFF-4E48-A132-1DF00C889B58.png

That makes sense,
check the grommets for leaking at the top of the valve cover.

Mine was leaking and running into the spark plug hole.

Do you know what Rockauto calls the VTCS? I haven't had luck finding there or at Autozone.
I think I entered the VIN although on other cars the scanner has pulled the VIN on its own.

Back