Boring Daily Build

You could also just get your oil burning reduced enough to not throw any CELs and just keep your trunk full of new oil.

It's could be cheaper than a rebuild or new engine.

Just think of it as a 2 stroke engine where you mix the oil in.
Lol

Yeah that'd be nice, I guess I'll keep trying things and see what happens.
I'd like to just pop a new engine in for peace of mind but I don't know that I can financially swing that.

I wonder if this is whats happening

I may try doing the diesel oil changes that you linked to me last time I was asking about my smoking problem lol

Also the PO fixed the rear passenger lock that had to be locked/unlocked manually and the instrument cluster that was dark past 60 mph

"I may try doing the diesel oil changes that you linked to me last time I was asking about my smoking problem lol"

I think that's a good idea!!

And don't just idle it in your driveway.

Take it on the highway and work it hard.
Get it hot.
Don't make it smoke...

Ohh beat on it? I can do that. I wish I had remembered when I bought oil... I'll just drain it back into the bottle lol.

Like this stuff? I'm not sure what "only diesel" means
Annotation 2020-02-23 214606.jpg

No, don't beat on it.

Take it out and take it up to highway speeds for a good long haul to soften up the oily blood clots and maybe dissolve some.

Try to not make it smoke but get 'er hot.

You can put diesel fuel in your oil...
(it's a solvent.)

The link posted about putting straight Diesel fuel into the crankcase to wash it out but he thought that was too much..

He just added some diesel fuel to his regular car oil...

Ohhhh I thought it said he bought diesel only oil I know you can put diesel fuel in but he said only about .5 quart of that.

"We removed the old oil and put in oil designed for diesel engines only (not oil designed for diesel or petrol) and about 500ml of diesel mixed into the crankcase."

"Another 50 km's like that and we changed to 10W 30W normal petrol oil with new filter."

Okay, he did both...

Diesel engine oil and 1/2 liter of diesel fuel...

"and about 500ml of diesel"

He most likely meant diesel fuel.

I remember washing out the engine on my dirt bike with varsol.

The engine was full of dirt and water.

I flushed it out...

So I’ll do diesel oil and diesel fuel then new filter and regular oil with diesel fuel and then see if there’s improvement and resume with just regular oil, maybe 10w40?

But he did say his buddy spend around $400 AUD (Aussie dollars) on all the oil and supplies...

That $400 goes a long way toward a rebuild or new engine.

See that’s the struggle... although that seems high?
$20-$30 oil
$5 filter
$3? Gallon of diesel
That like $80-$110 (usd) for 3 changes?

Back