Boring Daily Build

You'd probably pay a lot for shipping but I think it's smart to get a new one.

Otherwise the inner could unthread and everything has to come apart again.

I started it and let it run for a bit, then started it again and let it get to operating temp, then dumped the engine flush in it and let it run for about 15 minutes then changed the oil and filter. Filled up the oil and put in some engine honey and let it run for a bit. annndd drum roll... still smoking. I'm not surprised and it may take a while for everything to do any good. I'll try to let it run for a while every day or so. I'm gonna see if I can upload my data logs here. Once it was warmed up it was idle at 700-750 rpm which I'm happy with. I also pulled the plugs and had the same findings 1 oil puddle 2 wet 3 oil puddle 4 wet

At one of the startups it wasn't smoking at all but then it began to again. It will calm down while idling but the second you give it any gas it puffs out a lot of smoke.

Washers won't be here until March 5-8 so tomorrow I'm gonna do some tlc and maybe detail the interior and get it off of jack stands for the time being. I'm bummed but it's gonna be in the 50s so I don't wanna sit around doing nothing.

I replaced the VICS today and cleared the codes. Easiest thing I've ever replaced. I started it a couple times and I've got a rattle sound coming from under the car, I don't think it's the engine but it does seem to be RPM related, I'll investigate further later.
I can’t post the video here and google photos is bugging out

Last edited:
I've been thinking...

To do the smoke test properly, you need to start with dry pistons.

I think you should start your car and let it run at idle for half an hour or more.

Don't hit the gas or anything that will make it smoke.
Then just reach in and turn off the key.

Then pull the plugs and verify that the cylinders are dry.

Then let it sit all night.

The "smoke on startup" test is from a cold engine where the metal has contracted and you will get major smoke at the start.

Restarting your engine after it is warmed up will yield erroneous results.

You need to know if the oil is coming from the oil rings, valve seals of both.

It sounds "tinny".

It could be something rattling around outside the engine or something more serious inside the engine.

Back