Boring Daily Build

I figureed, I was more so concerned with the kick back and clicking. I just want to make sure everything’s good before I button it up

" that clicking noise is the axle "

The high-pitched clicking noise wouldn't be the axle it would be the brake dust sheild or clip.

The axle is heavy you will make more of a thud

The clicking isn’t happening anymore but I’m certain I saw the cv axle boot “click” as I heard the click

" Also for the torque specs there’s a pretty big range on the bolts, should I just do in between the two? "

Aiming for right in between is a good idea.

Torque specs are only really important for head bolts.

I never torque my bolts.

Bigger bolts, bigger wrenches, more pressure.

Too tight, they break or seize.
Too loose they fall out.

It takes practice.

" Another thing lol, does the car have to be on the ground to torque some of these?
"

No, not for that stuff...
You're not building a race car.

There's no room to get under there anyway.

"

I only have a deep socket 17 so I can’t really fit a torque wrench on the front bushing bolt without fear of rounding it.
"

Buy six point sockets...

Twelve point will round every nut/bolt on your car.

Everything’s torqued but... the front bushing doesn’t move? If I jack up on the control arm the car just lifts without the control arm or bushing ever moving?

" The clicking isn’t happening anymore but I’m certain I saw the cv axle boot “click” as I heard the click. "

The drive axle may have taken a hit in the accident.

The wheel got pushed in and may have pushed the axle further than it can collapse.

The inner CV joint moves in and out but only so far.

" Everything’s torqued but... the front bushing doesn’t move? If I jack up on the control arm the car just lifts without the control arm or bushing ever moving? "

That's fine.

The car is just supported by your jack instead of the suspension.

Set your car down and jump on that corner.

It'll move.

(don't scratch the paint though, jump carefully. Lol)

I say get it up and running and see if you feel clunking/rumbling coming through into your cabin.

You may have a bad axle.

It's all back together now though,
You would have to take it all apart now anyway to replace the axle.

One thing at a time. First things first.

Yeah that’s the plan. I need to replace the sway bar end link “real quick”

Attachments

• 288858A2-8996-4EEF-8765-E7B119BBFCB9.jpeg
    288858A2-8996-4EEF-8765-E7B119BBFCB9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
Don't waste your time with wrenches and sockets...

Get some cut-off disks and be done with it.

Those end links are a bastard.

I’ll go get some tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s to do list:
Sway bar end link
Tie rod inner/outer
Maybe engine flush

It looks like the nuts might be easier to remove than mine.

Try the wrenches/sockets/Allen key first but don't waste too much time before bringing out the big guns...

What's wrong with your end link anyway??

It looks fine to me ??! Lol

Allen keys? I tried a wrench and it was pretty tight. I'll try again tomorrow after the PB blaster sits but I need cut off wheels anyhow.

lol I think It'll make a nice ornament somewhere when it's out. Maybe I'll keep the control arm in the trunk to remind it that I saved it from the crusher and it should behave lol

Back