Boring Daily Build

It stopped raining long enough for me to dump a bit of ATF down the cylinders. I'm not sure how to get a socket on the crank and turn it over so I guess I'll just let them sit.

My teacher gave me some snake oil today, should add a couple horsepower
E533A154-B331-49F8-9037-B9A3CCE67EC5.jpeg

I've been thinking about that test to see where the oil in the cylinders is coming from.

If you were to start your car and let it idle until it's fully warmed up and the fan kicks in a few times, the oil rings should expand and stop the leaking and the cylinders should clear themselves of any oil.

Then shut off your car and pull the plugs right away to verify that they are dry.

If they become wet by the next day after sitting, then the oil came from your valve seals.

Removing the plugs from a hot engine might be tricky though.

Yeah I figured that'd be the absolute right way to do it and I will do it that way eventually. Probably when I do the engine flush actually, because engine has to be warmed up for that.

Engine flush should get here today but we'll see if I do it today or not. I'm gonna try to get the control arm on first.

I’m think I’m gonna have to go get replacement bolt for part #8. Any ideas on the size? So I don’t have to aimlessly wander the hardware store.
32D30897-9B05-4BEE-9ED6-BE9E40495D71.jpeg

0D6B3EC9-2EC8-4D98-922C-BE554FB0AA2A.jpeg

Idk if not enough threads or too much is better...

Attachments

• 075DCCB7-BBC3-4E51-A503-435104742B31.jpeg
    075DCCB7-BBC3-4E51-A503-435104742B31.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
here’s what I got from Home Depot, for others who may need a replacement. It’s a little shorter than the stock bolt but hopefully it’ll do the job.
image.jpg

I got the bolt into the control arm and bracket but can’t get it to thread into the hole past the control arm
8C172088-ADE5-46CB-8D0F-D0B3BADA7549.jpeg

How much did you have to lift on the control arm? I’m lifting a good bit and I don’t want to bend it

I had to back off the bracket bolts quite a bit to give the bracket some room to move.

The control arm needs to be a level as possible like when the weight of the car is on it.

Are you sure that's the right thread??
Are they metric threads??

They don't appear the same in the picture??

Do this with the two bolts to make sure they mesh...

I just read your package and it appears to be metric threading...

It could be just the picture??

You're better off with a slightly longer bolt than shorter as long as the longer bolt doesn't bottom out or hit something.

Yeah you’re right... I guess I’m waiting until I can cut the first bolt I bought tomorrow.
image.jpg

and here I thought I was almost done :(

I got the shorter one because it was only slightly shorter and I didn’t want the longer one to bottom out. But it doesn’t matter I’ll cut the really long one tomorrow

Back