If you want me to stop posting/trashing-up your thread, I'll stop.
... this is making me want to look at my calipers and see if I can avoid buying new ones.
Worst case is that i'll buy new ones and dissect the old ones to rebuild.
... it's just that neither side will hold the rotor and keep the car parked when the parking brake is engaged.
I recall someone somewhere quoting something along the lines of:
- chock front wheels
- jack rear up
- ebrake off
- remove adjuster bolt cover bolt
- tighten allen key until pads begin to drag, then back off a number of turns
- I think it was 2, but i backed off until i could move the wheel freely
- put adjuster bolt cover bolt back in
- actuate ebrake
- check to see that it has indeed engaged the pads/rotor
If your foot brake keeps getting closer to the floor then your self adjusters aren't working properly.
... They are twist-in pistons, so my assumption is no.