Boring Daily Build

Keep in mind that I've never done anything like that before.
The first I'd ever heard of diesel fuel was in that thread I linked you to.

I know that if it was me, I give it a try.

I have no idea about the diesel engine oil.
I don't know much about oil.

You could maybe message him to get some pointers and advice ??

I have no problem doing it because it's kinda a somehow revive this engine or new engine situation.

I thought about messaging him but I don't think he's been active on here in a while.
EDIT: I can't message him...

I'll ask my teacher tomorrow or maybe once I'm at the store it'll be clearly marked "diesel only".

I've been using Seafoam since I bought my car 10 years ago.

I put half a can in with my new oil at every oil change and leave it in.

I don't burn a drop of oil.

Apparently, it's just snake oil made from kerosene, alcohol and two other volatile compounds.

It seems to work for me though...

I would imagine that's done wonders in preventing sludge.

Had I known about the chemicals available last year, year and a half or so, it might not be so bad now.

" I would imagine that's done wonders in preventing sludge. "

The first few times I did it I could only drive about 50 miles before the oil was BLACK and I had to change the oil.

All the sludge is gone now and it just keeps any from building up.

I doubt it.

The engine will probably fall out of the engine bay when the sub frame rots away. Lol

I'd love to buy a clean P5 with a blown engine and swap in my engine but there really is no such thing around here.
They're all rust buckets except for the rare car that was properly undercoated from new.

My only real option is getting something from Texas or Arizona that is rust free but that would be a huge shipping cost and I'd have to deal with the border and duty and stuff that I know nothing about.

And technically, a US car isn't legal in Canada because it doesn't have daytime running lights and maybe other stuff too.

I suppose I can keep looking at the local ads in hopes of finding that unicorn that's rust-free.

I think I should be able to get 4-5 or more years out of it though because I get it undercoated every year.
The rust has really slowed down and it's not REALLY bad.

I'm getting really good economy with it now.
It's costing me very little money to own and operate.
It owes me nothing.

That's awesome that you've gotten your moneys worth.

What do you mean by daytime running lights? What's Canada's definition of daytime running lights?
What kinda running lights does your P5 have that mine doesn't?

The low-beam headlights are always on when the car is running.

All cars in Canada are always lit up.

You still have to turn on your lights at night to turn the dash lights on and get the regular running lights to come on.
(some cars are automatic)

It is a lot safer.
If the sun is setting and you're diving into it, a car coming at you with its headlights on is a lot easier to see.

All the new parts are on, torqued, and greased. Both wheels and the steering wheel are now straight but the drivers front wheel is still slightly pushed in towards the bottom, probably strut? I was hoping to drive it tomorrow... but I locked the keys in the driver's seat so yeah.
63DCD865-66B9-4B1A-9F3E-12F9016AFF73.jpeg

B170FF00-45A1-48C0-A959-AD3863CF2B5A.jpeg
87256508-12BF-418F-89FF-FF1056D29ACE.jpeg
A16B5183-E7A0-440D-B530-E8B58A562985.jpeg
959DE683-C47F-40DA-B5D8-A8CB892B808B.jpeg

Back